Redford 27 points in FIRST quarter

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
JimmyTwoTimes37

Redford 27 points in FIRST quarter

Postby JimmyTwoTimes37 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Ended the game with 44. 6 threes in the first quarter alone. Ended up breaking the consecutive made free throw record in state of michigan with 73...

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/game/recap/76585/
muskieman

Re: Redford 27 points in FIRST quarter

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Jimmy,

Have you seen Redford play? Is he a scorer or a shooter? What is his line, shots taken etc.? What is his level of opponent?

Can anyone help out here?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
JimmyTwoTimes37

Postby JimmyTwoTimes37 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:52 pm

muskieman wrote:Jimmy,

Have you seen Redford play? Is he a scorer or a shooter? What is his line, shots taken etc.? What is his level of opponent?

Can anyone help out here?

I have no idea to be honest. I know he's a pure shooter (won the aau 3 point national competition in vegas). He must be scoring in a ton of different ways to keep up his average though. heres a video I found from a local news station up there. Athlete of the week.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?secti ... id=5880881
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Thanks Jimmy. The clip shows he has a nice soft shot but do they play any D in his league because everyone was wide open. He did shoot off his dribble and he can take set shots but I am afraid he will see more hands in his face even after he beats his own guys.

If he does what he says he has a good work ethic. He reminds me a bit of Robert Barker's shooting ability but Robert was 6'5".
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
garvondavis14

Postby garvondavis14 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:46 pm

oh boy another guy that can't pronounce xavier
garvondavis14

Postby garvondavis14 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:48 pm

we'll just have to wait and see..doesn't look too different from raivio (gonzaga) and he started there for several years...
MarionHall4ever

Postby MarionHall4ever » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks for the video link. I can't wait to see this kid in person. You've got to love a player who puts up 500 shots a day in practice. I don't know that he reminds me of anybody who ever played at XU, but he does remind me a little of Mark Price (Georgia Tech, Cleveland Cavaliers) -- I'd take that in a heartbeat.
"The secret to success is sincerity. Once you learn to fake that, you've got it made."
joetitan

Postby joetitan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:47 pm

MichiganMuskie posted a thorough review after attending the Frankenmuth vs. Bridgeport game recently; perhaps he can re-post for the benefit of those who did not catch it the first time
LA Muskie

Postby LA Muskie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:53 pm

He looks like the perfect example of a player with whom we have to have measured expectations. He's a pure shooter, no doubt. But he really hasn't played against the type of competition he will face when he hits campus. He could be Xavier's Gerry McNamara (a small town scorer who went into Syracuse with a question-mark but left an indelible impression), but I'd prefer we not create those kinds of expectations just yet...
JimmyTwoTimes37

Postby JimmyTwoTimes37 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:08 pm

LA Muskie wrote:He looks like the perfect example of a player with whom we have to have measured expectations. He's a pure shooter, no doubt. But he really hasn't played against the type of competition he will face when he hits campus. He could be Xavier's Gerry McNamara (a small town scorer who went into Syracuse with a question-mark but left an indelible impression), but I'd prefer we not create those kinds of expectations just yet...
I agree. Lets see how he does with a 6'2 and taller D1 athletic player guarding him. I have no doubt though he can hit the open shot, but teams will take that away from him

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”