Xavier's offers...potential recruits thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Pandinus
What is home venue for the Xavier Musketeers?: Cintas Center
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Re: Xavier's offers...potential recruits thread

Postby Pandinus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:24 pm

The in-home visit as opposed to the campus visit can't bode well. We gotta get Wilkes on the beautiful campus and in the Cintas Center!
harryfe

Postby harryfe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Has he had a visit to campus? If he has not I would agree that it does not bode well.
Pandinus

Postby Pandinus » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:15 pm

I just read on another site that Wilkes will visit X on Oct 28-30, IN ADDITION to the home visit. Great news. Cincinnati is the penultimate stop on his visit tour, followed by a trip to Storrs, CT the next weekend.

Hopefully he'll cancel his flight after stepping into the Cintas Center.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:25 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:38 pm

muskieman wrote:http://www.scout.com/college/indiana/story/1705013-kris-wilkes-in-depth-on-his-options

muskieman, I would hazard the guess that the vast majority of us are not able to access this site (Scout). The reference to Indiana is scary, but if the information included therein is not "private," can you at least give us a hint as to its content?

Perhaps you could simply place a big 'X' nest to which of the appropriate statements that follow is most accurate:\

___ Muskie fans should start getting excited!

___ Muskie fans should forget about imagining Wilkes and Scruggs playing together for the Muskies in 2017=2018.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, and Miller represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. I feel that new AD Christopher and Coach Mack will bring us to an even higher level!
Murph85

Postby Murph85 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:08 am

Wilkes has been to the Cintas Center. His next visit will include the entire campus tour.

He is very interested in which program can be most beneficial to getting him to the next level. I think it's X or Indiana but when you step on the UCLA campus and your a red blooded man.....
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:42 pm

Cole Swider 6'&' in the 2018 class offers from Providence, Creighton, Seton Hall, , DePaul, Saint Louis, Rutgers, UMass, Boston College, and George Washington. and Justin Moore 6'2" in 2019.
2018 and 2019 prospects
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
rickf

Postby rickf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:17 pm

Did Justin Smith visit? Banners wrote he was to be here on Sept. 3 Sorry if posted somewhere else
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:22 am

rickf wrote:Did Justin Smith visit? Banners wrote he was to be here on Sept. 3 Sorry if posted somewhere else

Sorry, I didn't see this till now. Smith was in about 3 weeks ago, I don't remember the exact date but it would put it somewhere near the 3rd. He has X in his list but he is also seeing Nova and Stanford. I'd think it would be a surprise if we get him because all the talk is IU as the #1. Why he is taking trips to Nova and Stanford is a bit surprising or maybe he is trying to build up frequent flyer points.

While I am here Jordan Mitchell tweeted

@jay_mitch23

Blessed to receive my third offer from Xavier University
4:27 PM - 21 Sep 2016
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Big man in this weekend and I mean BIG Kentrevious Jones 6'11" is a beast and he puts the term Air Craft carrier in perspective 295lbs and all monster. Jennings would have his work cut out to get this guy in shape but it would be worth it as he is a wide body. X would like to get Sterling Manley and/or Levi Stockard as first choices but this guy could be a good back up or starter if X misses on either or both Manley or Stockard.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”