Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
bmuskies

Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?

Postby bmuskies » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Does he make the NBA somehow or does he play overseas? Great junior year from him scored in double figures almost in every game. He may make some stupid decisions but might be the best player on the team regarding basketball skills.
XU Captain

Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?

Postby XU Captain » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:46 pm

bmuskies wrote:Does he make the NBA somehow or does he play overseas? Great junior year from him scored in double figures almost in every game. He may make some stupid decisions but might be the best player on the team regarding basketball skills.
He has no pro career ahead. Hope he gets his degree and cleans up his act away from basketball. It would be like asking what are Gaston's pro career chances. Slim and none. That goes for overseas as well. NBA? Not a shot in the world.
XavierTragedy

Postby XavierTragedy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:54 pm

On the dance floor.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 am

To me JP seems to have more of the mind of a coach. BTW I was going to look in on the other board, the one that bared Mr. Neutral, and find I can't remember what it's called. Anyone?
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:41 am

edgecliff hall wrote:To me JP seems to have more of the mind of a coach. BTW I was going to look in on the other board, the one that bared Mr. Neutral, and find I can't remember what it's called. Anyone?
Xavier Hoops
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 am

Thanks, M. I just took a look at Xavier Hoops. They seem calm and sane, but looked to have no place for movies/theater, books etc. Guess I'll stick with the Madness. BTW, I watched Moonlight last night, and posted re/same.Also have a LA LA LAND and a MANCHESTER.
(Movies, Music and Food)
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:42 am

JP will have a successful career overseas like many other solid Division 1 basketball players.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:58 pm

skyhops wrote:JP will have a successful career overseas like many other solid Division 1 basketball players.
Agreed. He is not an efficient scorer, but a very streaky, and flashy one. He is a very good passer, but takes too many chances. He doesn't defend well, but gets a lot of steals off of help defense. He has been exposed this year because he is a solid 3rd, and very good 4th scoring option, but definitely not 2nd. He works his tail off every game however. You can fault his decision making, but never his effort.
pcp33

Postby pcp33 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:14 pm

JP has a good shot at finishing Top 20 all time in scoring in XU history. Seems like a pretty good scorer to me.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:33 pm

JP must improve efficiency if he wants to play NBA. He sees the floor incredibly well so can contribute in other ways beyond scoring but he will need to shoot well to get a serious look. He is the most complete player on the team. He is almost a lock for Europe at this point, assuming he doesn't improve his shooting. He has likely set a record for having the most fouls not called in his favor. He regularly takes contact driving to the hoop but almost never gets the call. Others seem to get the call even when there is no contact. I suspect it is because his movements are less fluid than the typical guy that attacks the rim.

If JP is smart, he will shoot all summer.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”