Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Where does JP Macura's pro career stand?

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 pm

pcp33 wrote:JP has a good shot at finishing Top 20 all time in scoring in XU history. Seems like a pretty good scorer to me.
If total points is the only metric, then yes, he is a good scorer. However, efficient and good can be two different things. I'll take a guy who averages 15 points a game on 10 shots, over a guy who averages 18 taking 15 shots per game almost every time. I'm sure there are some exceptions. I'm a fan of JP. I just wish he made better decisions. However, if I was a scorer, who was allowed to take 28 footers under any circumstance, I'd probably take them too.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 am

Agreed AH, Mack has given him a lot of slack, which has allowed him to be careless. He does compete the whole game, which cannot be said for a lot of these players. I was at the game and was very disappointed in Tre's effort especially on the defensive end. He scored 15, but probably gave up twice that.
XU Captain

Postby XU Captain » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:06 am

skyhops wrote:Agreed AH, Mack has given him a lot of slack, which has allowed him to be careless. He does compete the whole game, which cannot be said for a lot of these players. I was at the game and was very disappointed in Tre's effort especially on the defensive end. He scored 15, but probably gave up twice that.
I think the title of this thread meant JP's pro dancing career. He is a good college player, but he has no chance at the NBA. Blueitt probably felt a little sentimental tonight if it was his final game at Cintas. Can't blame him for that.
brockman231

Postby brockman231 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:52 am

skyhops wrote:Agreed AH, Mack has given him a lot of slack, which has allowed him to be careless. He does compete the whole game, which cannot be said for a lot of these players. I was at the game and was very disappointed in Tre's effort especially on the defensive end. He scored 15, but probably gave up twice that.
Bluiett and defense cannot be used in the same sentence.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:02 pm

pcp33 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:14 pm
JP has a good shot at finishing Top 20 all time in scoring in XU history. Seems like a pretty good scorer to me.
He's at 42, up from 47, on the list after his 18 last night. Should jump to 35 if he scores that many against Rider.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
XU80

Postby XU80 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:12 pm

I do believe JP will gets some looks from NBA teams, maybe even drafted in round 2. When these same scouts look at Blueitt and the other talent Xavier will face, JP will pick up some interest.

I recommend watching JP on defense away from the ball. He is very good at anticipating the pass and his long arms are deceiving to strip the ball handler. Example last night, 5 steals. Any individual over 3 steals a game is very, very good. And, his offensive game is not bad either.

He reminds me a lot like Craig Ehlo the old Cavs swing man who played many years.
jct1941

Postby jct1941 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:39 pm

XU Captain - Gaston AND Bernard have already signed with teams overseas. Go Xavier!
madness31

Postby madness31 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:45 pm

As long as Macura plays efficiently this year and he continues to find the open man and go after it defensively he will get drafted. He has so many intangibles. He makes guys around him better and knows when the team needs him to step up. He does take dumb shots at times but hopefully that will be more rare this year. His length and knowledge of the game make him a solid prospect. Comparison to Ehlo is reasonable.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:40 pm

I'm starting to believe JP will have a legitimate shot at the NBA, and will be drafted mid-2nd round with Blueitt. To XU 80's point, I think he is one of the best off the ball defenders around. Ehlo was not as athletic as JP, nor passed as well as JP does. However, he had a solid career I think. I just remember seeing him play in the tail end of his career, when Jordan eliminated his team from the playoffs.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:21 pm

JP will end up playing pro ball in Croatia or Lithuania and pick up a 2nd language something he wouldn't be able to do in the NBA.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”