Big Least

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskiefan92

Re: Big Least

Postby muskiefan92 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:18 pm

You guys are pathetic and can't see this overrated conference for what it is - even Nova is out now!!!!
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Up to X and Butler now. Wisconsin just did it again .That was eerily reminiscent of last year.Hart kept trying to drive to the basket and ran into a wall. Another second round exit for Nova
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Zebras beat Nova.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Hart usually gets all the calls and today he didn't. Should have kicked it out to big smooth
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:40 pm

powell1971 wrote:THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! X-Lucidity!!!

Where this season was 2 weeks ago, to be playing FSU tonight for the right to go to the Sweet 16, And X-Expert and Muskiefan92 want to be 2 big losers and talk crap about the Big East!?!?! Are you guys serious?!?!? Instead of posting this garbage, why don't you go to the mall and tell a bunch of kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist. That would probably make you guys feel better.

Some of these posts are a joke. After the game Thursday, just for grins and giggles went back to see what all the posters were saying on the game thread. And if you didn't know the outcome of the game already, you would have thought X lost by 20 points. Not until the final whistle, its 90% negative crap and criticism of everyone. Can you people just please enjoy the program we have at Xavier, and just enjoy the ride every once in awhile. I have never posted, but when X-Expert started the Big Least thread today, I just had to chime in. And if you guys can, please stay at the mall until at least 8:30 tonight when the game will be over.. Thanks.
Sorry that I offended you Powell for pointing out an obvious point. Unfortunately for you, this board does allow ome opinions. If you don't like it, scroll down but to personally attack people speaks more about you. I hope X wins badly but unlike you, I don't watch games with only blue goggles. BTW Powell, NOVA is out now. I would suggest if these posts disturb you to the point of personally attacking people, you simply can't handle it.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:46 pm

In looking at Wisconsin's record, how were they a 8 seed?
7 of their 9 losses were to teams in the tournament.
OOC losses to Creighton and UNC, a road and neutral site game.
Probably only bad loss was to Iowa at home.

Nova is like a modern day baseball player - they either strike out or hit a home run.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
oldhoopster2

Postby oldhoopster2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Why do all coaches put the ball in one guys hands to go one on five to try and win or tie a game? These guys aren't Michael Jordan. Run a play and get someone a good look. If you want Sumner or Hart or any other specific player to take a last shot run a play for them. Wisconsin won partly because it was obvious what X would do last year and what Villanova would do this year. One on five rarely works.
N67ER

Postby N67ER » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:43 pm

muskiefan92 wrote:You guys are pathetic and can't see this overrated conference for what it is - even Nova is out now!!!!
And you are a troll.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:44 pm

X-lucidity wrote:So this is what we are going to quibble about folks? On a day where we are playing a mighty opponent for the opportunity to reach the Sweet 16... I find this rather sad. Plenty of time to dissect the Big East results versus others when the dust settles. Besides, TheCoach nails it in the prior post. So how about we worry about how X, with our depleted guard resources, will handle the length & quickness of FSU? Will they trap up or press and can we get enough open looks and stick a few. Will Rashid G. be able to finally display his strength and provide a few much needed rebounds? This should be an enjoyable day as we await the big game tonight.........
I'd say they handle them just find!
This game reminds me of the Mississippi State game when X was the little guys and the big bad Miss St big guys were handled just fine
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Getreal

Postby Getreal » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:48 pm

muskiefan92 wrote:You guys are pathetic and can't see this overrated conference for what it is - even Nova is out now!!!!

Nice call tool.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”