Big Least

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
olsingledigit

Re: Big Least

Postby olsingledigit » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Ironically it was up to two newbies to save the reputation of the Big East. I guess you could say the oldies chose well.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
profson

Postby profson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:09 am

muskiefan92 wrote:You guys are pathetic and can't see this overrated conference for what it is - even Nova is out now!!!!
You clearly just wish to be provocative ("a troll") irrespective of the facts. Of course, you can try to make your argument based on the year's body of work, that is fair game either way, but the NCAA performance gives you zero evidence in support. As noted before the seeded prediction was 3-4 for round one and that is what happened. The seeded prediction was that 2 would advance to the Sweet 16 and that is what happened. (Even if the results had not matched the prediction I would extract little from that because of sample size -- a statistics or probabilities course would improve your future posts -- but there is no need to go there.)
Don't bother posting if both remaining teams lose in the next round -- no one will be listening.
bleedXblue

Postby bleedXblue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 am

What a f'ing joke. Seriously. Who starts a thread with this title? Ridiculous. Yeah, not ideal for the conference and Nova craps out early again, but two programs in the S16 is pretty solid.
skyking

Postby skyking » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 am

muskiefan92 wrote:I agree. This is the most overrated conference in the country. Anyone who thinks differently didn't witness the embarrassing perfomances by Creighton and Marquette.
So which is the most underrated conference?
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 am

Hooray for the old A10 & old MCC teams - XU & Butler both in Sweet 16. . The Old Big East got zero teams in the Sweet 16.
But congrats to the Big East for getting 7 teams in the tourney. The best the A10 or MCC ever did was 5.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:36 pm

bleedXblue wrote:What a f'ing joke. Seriously. Who starts a thread with this title? Ridiculous. Yeah, not ideal for the conference and Nova craps out early again, but two programs in the S16 is pretty solid.
Sorry to offend you but thank God X won. BE has not been good in tourney. Most on this board loved calling out "Big Least" when UC was in it and put in 8-9 teams all most but two didn't make it past the first weekend-of course UConn ended up winning the title that year
oldhoopster2

Postby oldhoopster2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Then there's the ACC which got 9 teams in, most of all conferences. Whose left there? Duke and UNC, and they haven't played their round of 32 games yet. At most they have just 2 in the sweet 16. It's not easy to get multiple teams past the first weekend.
bleedXblue

Postby bleedXblue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 pm

X-Expert wrote:
bleedXblue wrote:What a f'ing joke. Seriously. Who starts a thread with this title? Ridiculous. Yeah, not ideal for the conference and Nova craps out early again, but two programs in the S16 is pretty solid.
Sorry to offend you but thank God X won. BE has not been good in tourney. Most on this board loved calling out "Big Least" when UC was in it and put in 8-9 teams all most but two didn't make it past the first weekend-of course UConn ended up winning the title that year
Just makes zero sense for an X fan to even go there......I don't understand what you're trying to do? Are you an X fan or not? I have my doubts......
skyking

Postby skyking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 am

ACC has one left. Overrated!
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 am

Big East doing fine at Round of 16. 3 SEC Teams (Ky, Fla, SC_) 3 PAC (AZ, UCLA, Ore) 3 Big 12 (KAN, BAY, W V) 3 Big 10 (WIS, MICH, PUR)
2 Big East (BUT, XU) 1 WCC (ZAGS) & 1 ACC (N CAR). The ACC had 9 teams with only 1 left. Yes, ACC is overrated. There are only 7 conferences represented in Sweet 16 & Big East has 2 teams left out of 7 or 28% of their entries. Only 23% of original field is left.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”