A Look Ahead at 2017 Roster

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
madness31
What is home venue for the Xavier Musketeers?: Cintas Center
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Re: A Look Ahead at 2017 Roster

Postby madness31 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:53 pm

To start the year, Macura was a leader and dominant offensively. Somewhere along the way he lost focus with a few games where he was mentally absent. From the outside, it looked as though there may have been some conflict within the team. Luckily he finished strong in the tournament and there seemed to be some love between he and TB. If TB leaves, I would expect Macura to have a huge year. If both return then I would expect Macura to be much more efficient and have strong assist numbers to go with his 14 ppg. If Macura stays focused next year he will get his chance in the NBA.

O'Mara was offensively polished since he arrived at X. He finally got some playing time to show what he can do. Hopefully his defense continues to improve as we will want him on the floor as much as possible. Jones has a lot of potential and could easily see minutes alongside O'Mara at times.

Q showed great progress to close the year. He is very capable of leading the team but it was a struggle before he figured out how to score.

Gates is a great role player. He has upside but I don't see him being the go to guy other than for draining open shots and taking what the defense gives him. He is still incredibly important for next year's success but efficiency should be the goal for Gates.

I suspect a freshman or 2 will step-up and X will have another good year with or without TB.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Murph85 wrote:Mack is hard at it from what I hear and we may snag a 6'10 5th grad student that would be a solid 5. (no wait period) He is being courted by the likes of MSU and Kansas. On campus this weekend.

I think if the planets align we could have a rally good team next year. similar to Gonzaga talent. This being all the more likely if TB returns.

The kid you're referring to is the younger brother of the talented forward on the Okl Thunder, Enes Kantner. However, his younger brother seems to be a little delusional. He actually put his name into the draft. I doubt 12 pts a game playing on a low-level D-1 team, Wisc GB, will impress many teams. That being said, if the likes of X, MSU, & Kansas are wooing him, he must be pretty good.
Shadow
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Postby Shadow » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:57 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
The kid you're referring to is the younger brother of the talented forward on the Okl Thunder, Enes Kantner. However, his younger brother seems to be a little delusional. He actually put his name into the draft. I doubt 12 pts a game playing on a low-level D-1 team, Wisc GB, will impress many teams. That being said, if the likes of X, MSU, & Kansas are wooing him, he must be pretty good.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/sto ... /99595530/

Edited to add;
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/ ... 100088776/
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”