xu koop scoop

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall

Re: xu koop scoop

Postby edgecliff hall » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:31 am

Saint may help. Prayers may help. But you should also find smarter Doctors. Hope improvement continues.
muskieman
What is home venue for the Xavier Musketeers?: Cintas Center

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:26 pm

I will pray to St Dymphna for you. Hang in there. My wife has MS which is somewhat similar on a larger level because of the loss of myelin around the nerve endings. Hope for relief
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
xu koop scoop
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Postby xu koop scoop » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks for all the prayers folks. After going to Anderson Mercy, University Hospital and Christ Hospital Emergency Rooms - I went to Bethesda North
on both Sat & Sun nights & on Sun ran into an Angel by the name of Dr Crane who put a 72 hour fentanyl pain patch on my left arm & within an hour I
could swallow & talk & within 8 hrs I was eating soft foods and drinking with little to no pain. Today, Tuesday, I was supposed to have a surgery
where they run an electrode needle thru your face and destroy most of your Trigeminal Nerve, but it leaves that side of your face partially numb -
permanently. Well the fentanyl patch has worked so well I was able to start swallowing my regular meds, Tegretol & Gabapentin, and pain is pretty
well in remission. The neurosurgeon & I agreed to stop the surgery & I continue to recover. I believe in the power of group prayer and there were
Church groups, musky madness folks, paddling groups (I kayak 70 or more times yearly) & groups from RV Resorts that all helped. I realize I may
someday still need this surgery, but better options might be available in the future. I have seen other people on this site ask for prayers for
themselves or loved ones, and I always make sure to do my part to help. So if anybody has a dire need for help, I hope this Basketball Forum will continue to let those in need post for prayers or other help as needed. 8-)
r
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 am

Good on ya! Happy you are improving and hope it continues. :D
#WHYNOTX?
Maxtheoldhippie

Postby Maxtheoldhippie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:10 am

Prayers to you and your family.
jaxalum

Postby jaxalum » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:13 am

I'm so terribly sorry. I'm a bit of an agnostic but someone or something has to answer my prayers. Get better.
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:35 pm

A little over 30 days ago I was leading kayak groups on lengthy trips in and around the Suwanee River in Fla. Hanging with gators & such. 15 trips in 18 days. Moonlight floats with a cripple buddy. Loading & unloading boats daily and campfires every night while XU was losing 6 straight games until they got some ugly wins vs DePaul, salvation vs Butler & held their own vs Creighton. Then I came home to watch NCAA games with XU friends, including my chronically ill best buddy, & promptly got ill myself. Lost 15 pounds in 20 days & my diet consists of Ensure & Boost & I have to avoid sunlight because of medications. 7 emergency rooms in 7 days due to inability to talk, drink, eat or even swallow. Face feels like its getting electrocuted now and then. But damn, XU made the Electric 8 and I at least felt healthy for the Maryland win. Hope I'm not kicked off the site, but I would trade all those wins for great health. Wait, not really cause those games gave me great enjoyment thru what has been called the worst pain known to man - google it - Trigeminal Neuralgia. I previously had surgeries for same thing in 2002, 2010, 2014 and Now Surgery #4 Coming Wed Apr 12, one that will leave part of my face permanently numb. Surgery #4 means XU has a 4th Electric 8, or better, coming soon. Someone suggested I find better Docs, well 2 of my "good Docs" retired and there aren't a lot of surgeons for this around the country, & all the good ones were trained at University of Pittsburgh - which is why they are my 2nd favorite team.
They could cut the nerve for good, but I won't even go into those side effects. Thanks to all for letting me write my silly posts and thanks even
more for letting me read everybody elses posts. Thanks most of all for all the wonderful prayers. I plan to get my life/health back together as
quickly as it fell apart. My 6 game losing streak is about to end on a positive note. Accentuate the Positive, Eliminate the Negative,
Latch on to the Affirmative, Don't mess with Mister Inbetween.
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:45 pm

to muskieman, prayers for you & your wife to handle MS. from St Michael
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Had 4th surgery in past 15 years for Trigeminal Neuralgia on Apr 19. It was a total failure & Docs told me I have no more surgery options in Cincinnati.
I am strong, as most XU fans & supporters. I contacted a Doc in Orlando,FL who did one of my surgeries & hope to go to Orlando soon for my 5th surgery. XU has a good reputation in Orlando & I remember the Doc commenting on the Xavier gear I wore to his surgery. I lost 15 lbs in 20 days
due to inability to swallow anything. Pain is minimal at the moment as I have been exorcising the demons/evil spirits/satan from my body. To Xavier Nation, appreciate every day of decent health you get on this planet. Be glad your face doesn't feel like its being electrocuted. I practically destroyed several hospital rooms thrashing in pain. I won't post again on this topic until I have had a successful surgery somewhere - Orlando I hope.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:55 pm

xu koop scoop wrote:to muskieman, prayers for you & your wife to handle MS. from St Michael

thank you
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”