Tre

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
olsingledigit
What is home venue for the Xavier Musketeers?: Cintas Center
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Re: Tre

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 am

tacitus wrote:If my post mocking the people who have their panties in a bunch about this story was too political for this board, I can live with it. Unlike some people who post on this board on occasion, I do understand the concept of freedom of speech...

But I would point out to the apolitical censor(s) of this board that there is no such thing as an apolitical comment on a politicized issue. Anyone who criticizes Tre for his decision to buy and smoke a controlled substance is implicitly making a political statement that that substance should be illegal and/or that the relevant laws should be enforced.

So if you truly want this board to be apolitical then you should delete ALL comments that make ANY reference to public policy, especially those based entirely or mostly on ideological convictions and personal opinion. If there is a thread that is inherently political, such as one about the legal consequences of smoking pot, then it should probably be moved to the politics board.

I would also like to add that blocking political discourse and/or silence on a political issue are very strong political statements.

Just my opinion. Fee free to delete.

I am not going to delete this nor did I delete any other post of yours, but complaining about someone buying weed as making a political statement is silly. Chill out. I weed is illegal in Indiana (which it still is) then the transgression is doing something illegal. In any event, it happened and by all accounts Tre is a pretty good person, so i for one am ready to pass on this.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 am

olsingledigit wrote:Arrested at home here in Indy for possession - Marijuana, Hash Oil, and/or Hashish. Also begs the question - is he still attending classes?

OK my bad here. I sometimes write as I think. When I said "at home" I did not mean in his home. I am from Indy and so I automatically said "home here in Indy", meaning he was in his home town which also happens to be mine. Sorry to be so misleading.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:49 am

I see Europe in Mr. B's future. That said, hash and hash oil are uptown for a college kid.
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:11 pm

My thanks to TRE for getting us to the Elite 8 by being a good teammate and scoring lots of points. Thanks to all the other players that helped us get there. No wonder he was always smiling, cause that stuff he's been smoking always put a smile on my face. He's doing nothing more than what a good percentage of these college kids do. It may have helped him get thru the pain spells he had when he missed 3 games. Remember, this stuff is good for pain. From Not a goody two shoes kind of guy & definitely not politically correct, but a huge XU Fan. It's easy for us FANS to NOT understand the trials & tribulations these players go thru. We want them to practice and play countless hours
per week yet get good grades in classes they can't even attend regularly because they are travelling a lot during the season.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:56 pm

xu koop scoop wrote:My thanks to TRE for getting us to the Elite 8 by being a good teammate and scoring lots of points. Thanks to all the other players that helped us get there. No wonder he was always smiling, cause that stuff he's been smoking always put a smile on my face. He's doing nothing more than what a good percentage of these college kids do. It may have helped him get thru the pain spells he had when he missed 3 games. Remember, this stuff is good for pain. From Not a goody two shoes kind of guy & definitely not politically correct, but a huge XU Fan. It's easy for us FANS to NOT understand the trials & tribulations these players go thru. We want them to practice and play countless hours
per week yet get good grades in classes they can't even attend regularly because they are travelling a lot during the season.

Oh please, give me a break. Perhaps if he was doing a stronger narcotic like heroin, he wouldn't have missed any games at all! He made a very poor decision and the fact that he apparently didn't do it on X's campus, despite the fact that school isn't out, tells me he is going pro, or risking eligibility for next year. For the record, other than this one incident, I think Tre has been an exemplary representative for X.

However, it's funny how some posters all of a sudden find religion in terms of player's transgressions when it is happening to the the choir boys at the Jesuit school, and not when it happened to the felons in Clifton. Those guys certainly earned their reputation under Huggins, and were aptly nicknamed UNLV East. X certainly hasn't experienced the number and seriousness of issues the Bearcats had, but we're now on the wrong side of the curve. Discipline is sorely needed in the program.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Goes to show just how easy it is to go from "balling" to bawling"
I'll ask you how many times you had a beer in high school?
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Shadow wrote:Goes to show just how easy it is to go from "balling" to bawling"

Lots of High school beers but I was never months away from an NBA contract. Shows major immaturity.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:26 am

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Shadow wrote:Goes to show just how easy it is to go from "balling" to bawling"

Lots of High school beers but I was never months away from an NBA contract. Shows major immaturity.

Ok, so MAYBE he is immature. You going to crucify him for that? LOTS of people at that age are immature. That's no guarantee that he won't grow up to be a fine person. On the other hand, I've known some "choir boys" that grew up to be dregs of society. Some of us need to be reminded that these are just "kids", and no matter how good they can play a game, they are still just human. Time to just cut them a little slack maybe? Stop being so judgemental? Stop expecting them to be perfect? He didn't hurt anybody. He didn't do anything harmful to anyone. He wasn't out to cause mayhem in the community. He got pulled over for speeding. He was found with an illegal substance in the car. That might make him immature and stupid, but it doesn't mean he is a bad person. Lighten up, Francis.
#WHYNOTX?
teek

Postby teek » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:22 am

Some posters just need look in the mirror.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 am

Critics often think they live in glass houses.
http://www.goenglish.com/PeopleWhoLiveI ... Stones.asp
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”