Tre

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Pierre Dracot

Re: Tre

Postby Pierre Dracot » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 am

The degree of naivete/cluelessness of several people on this board--regarding their reactions to posts by Jesse and AH--is astounding. These two are trolls, plain and simple; they're most likely Bearcat fans who have a lot of time on their hands.

(I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Mick Cronin himself.)
JKC74

Postby JKC74 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Being a big time basketball player and filling your lungs with poison smoke is pretty stupid.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Jesse and AH are my dawgs
xu koop scoop
What is home venue for the Xavier Musketeers?: Cintas Center
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Postby xu koop scoop » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:02 pm

to JKC 74, I take offense to "being a big time basketball player and filling your lungs with poisonous smoke" is stupid. I personally have been
smoking the stuff off and on since 1971. My wife also for at least 15 years. MOST of my friend smoke it regularly too, and they all have full
time jobs, kids & grandkids. What is stupid is taking all the "medical pills" big Pharma jams down our throats instead of a natural pain
killer that God put on this earth to use. Marijuana was NOT ILLEGAL anywhere in the USA until after 1937. Big Pharma Corporations put up
money for the movie Reefer Madness which helped get it illegal. They did that because they feared everybody growing their own and
using it instead of buying all the pills & tablets that make them rich. Howard Scripps of Scripps newspaper was in on the anti-cannabis
wave as they had invested millions in paper plants and didn't want anybody making newspapers out of hemp plants. Alas, the Fed was in
on it as they feared folks growing their own and how will they collect taxes on it.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Koop, the inside story of the making of REEFER MADNESS sounds like a great idea for a funny TV series. (See today's FEUD re/the making of WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?)
Further, re/drug companies. I am so sick of their endless commercials for all the new pills they are constantly huxtering. They promise to cure all the old ones plus new made-up ailments, if the creepy side effects don't kill ya first. Disgusting are all those cutesy happy faces while the grim voice-over recounts the potential dooms.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Pierre Dracot wrote:The degree of naivete/cluelessness of several people on this board--regarding their reactions to posts by Jesse and AH--is astounding. These two are trolls, plain and simple; they're most likely Bearcat fans who have a lot of time on their hands.

(I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Mick Cronin himself.)

Who is the rabble rouser? Bearcat fan?

Let me clarify my position. I am a proponent in medicinal use of marijuana and have ties to organizations who are actively implementing a path for this in my state.

Im merely saying that as an athlete, you KNOW what gets you in trouble. Marijuana is on that list. Polotcal beliefs aside, they drill that into your head as a collegiate athlete and in preparation for the draft. I am allowed to criticize a player for letting temptation get the best of him. Why does that make me a Bearcats fan?
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Athlete or non athlete, operating motor vehicles under heavy influence of alcohol, weed or any drugs is de.d ass wrong. As has been pointed out, weed today is much stronger than the old days and all it takes is a hit or two and you're definitely impacted. No one should be cut slack for that. U do it, you should pay the price. You want to get stoned, get uber.
oldhoopster2

Postby oldhoopster2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 pm

I didn't get all the details but I didn't hear anything about him being under the influence. Maybe he was but the report said they found the substance in the car. Was he tested for it in his system?
hoosiermuskie

Postby hoosiermuskie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Some comments and questions. I thought there weren't supposed to be any political comments in this blog? Sure are a lot of them in this stream. I would like to know if Tre is going to class. Does anyone know the answer to this?
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:10 am

JKC74 wrote:Being a big time basketball player and filling your lungs with...... smoke is pretty stupid.

I'm going to agree with this. Not on a political basis (I DO support the legalization, but that discussion is for another place and time), but on a purely physical and conditioning basis.

Now, I would say that Tre appears to be in excellent physical condition. He certainly played a whole lot of minutes this past season, and he didn't appear to be wearing down in games or late in the year. He looks to be in excellent shape. AND, it is the OFF-season. There seems to be quite a few "elite" athletes that have gotten into things in the OFF-season, that they might otherwise not be involved in during the regular season. I can only assume that for many of them its more of a MENTAL break, than it is a physical break. Skills training, conditioning, weight lifting, running, etc. all go on in the off-season. An athlete at the college level and above rarely takes a whole lot of time off from "training". But, study after study has shown that SMOKING IS HARMFUL to the LUNGS.....ALL smoking.

Confession here......during the off-season, I smoked from time to time, I drank from time to time, I got less than the optima amount of sleep, and I certainly didn't try to eat right all the time. I also trained EVERY day. I was moderately successful, but I wonder now if I could have been MORE successful IF I had looked after my nutritional needs better, trained better, and not done so much "hell raising" in the off-season? I do know that those members that were heavier "smokers" in the off-season were less likely to train during that period, and consequently had a much harder time reaching peak performance levels once the real season started.

So even though this is the OFF-season, I still think that smoking of ANY kind is to be avoided. Not because of its legality or illegality, but because of how it can effect the body and the mind. Especially for someone that is planning on putting their skills on display for the professional scouts and/or is subject to random testing.

But I can't throw stones at the young man.....that was ME 40 years ago down in Clifton.
#WHYNOTX?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”