Talk XU Men's basketball here...
brockman231
What is home venue for the Xavier Musketeers?: Cintas Center
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Re: Kanter to X

Postby brockman231 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:12 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
skyhops wrote:Sources say he is committing to X today.

Since your sources are 99% accurate, I'll assume he is coming. If so, it's seemingly a good get for X. I know nothing about him, and his stats were very underwhelming considering the fact that he played for a low-level D-1 school, but if the likes of Kansas and MSU were going after him, that's good enough for me.

Congrats to CM & the other Coaches.

Hops sources are about as reliable as Al Roker
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Nice addition because he can actually shoot from more than 10 feet so he and Jones can be on floor together. 232 you are about as funny as Bill Cosby.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:25 pm

X-Lucidty, "Scrapping with the NCAA Blue-bloods." Yeah, I like that. I think Jim Hoff would like it too.
olsingledigit
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Any update with his status on the NBA draft? Is he showing up on any mock drafts?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
jaxalum

Postby jaxalum » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm

olsingledigit wrote:Any update with his status on the NBA draft? Is he showing up on any mock drafts?

He knows he's not going to the NBA this year. He's even stated that his intentions are to go to the camps/combine, and hear what he needs to improve upon this coming year from top NBA scouts, Coaches, NBA Brass, evaluators...essentially the experts of the experts providing him the best possible information on what SPECIFICALLY he needs to work on to afford him the absolute optimum chance of being drafted.

This kid, IMHO, if Xavier would have snagged him out of high school, or at least had him 3 years plus a RS year........and worked him through our strength and training program, plus Pegues mentoring him, he would have been either gone to the NBA, or on his way. You watch the videos, and he's out of shape, over weight in the "wrong" way, there's no muscle definition. With all of those areas improved, his dexterity, quickness, speed, explosiveness, and endurance are all evponentially improved.

I get the feeling that Mack feels X could make a deep run this year. He's taking a one year bet on a center instead of 3 years of Brady Ernst, who the more video and articles I read about the kid, he's EXACTLY the type of big weve been looking for...he posseses perimeter skills, both as a ball handler and a shooter, he has the ability to penetrate and finish, he's polished down low, he has hopsand his abiity to elevate lighting quick was impressive. BEfore he picked us, a bunch of P5 were offereing and circling.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 pm

olsingledigit wrote:Any update with his status on the NBA draft? Is he showing up on any mock drafts?

Yes.

He was mocked for thinking it was a viable option. I don't blame a kid for having a dream, but averaging 11 points in a low-level league means they'd have to extend the draft about 6 more rounds for him to even get a look. He doesn't look good on paper, but considering 3 high-level majors recruited him, he must possess a highly sought after skill set. Supposedly it's his offense. We shall hope and see.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”