Postby muncie6569 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:20 pm

bluegrass

Re: A de-commit

Postby bluegrass » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Must have seen the writing on the wall
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 pm

And this is why I pay ZERO attention to recruiting anywhere by any school. Players can commit, de commit, not have the grades to play, have legal issues, do not pan out/can't play per a coach's opinion after they get to a school, told to leave, ask to leave, they leave on their own, they transfer to another school, etc etc....I only pay attention to who is on the team and can actually play as each year starts!!!!! Xavier has had and is having issues with many players based on the above....it is almost a 50-50 crap shoot as to who gets to play and stay these days with most schools. Because they look good in high school or junior college does not mean they can play at the highest levels....best they move on if they are not good enough.
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:And this is why I pay ZERO attention to recruiting anywhere by any school. Players can commit, de commit, not have the grades to play, have legal issues, do not pan out/can't play per a coach's opinion after they get to a school, told to leave, ask to leave, they leave on their own, they transfer to another school, etc etc....I only pay attention to who is on the team and can actually play as each year starts!!!!! Xavier has had and is having issues with many players based on the above....it is almost a 50-50 crap shoot as to who gets to play and stay these days with most schools. Because they look good in high school or junior college does not mean they can play at the highest levels....best they move on if they are not good enough.
Xavier2005, I agree with most of your post except for the "almost 50-50" statement unless your "play and stay" reference means that some guys who actually stay don't immediately get significant minutes during their earlier years. To me, significant minutes, especially for Freshmen scholarship recruits, is 10 minutes per game. No 2016-2017 Xavier player who came into the program as a scholarship player played fewer than 11 minutes per game this season. Furthermore, over the years we have gotten far more transfers in than transfers out (with the transfers out usually leaving for more minutes (see Larry Austin) or because they were likely not "begged" to stay by the coaching staff (see Mark Lyons).
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, and Miller represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. I feel that new AD Christopher and Coach Mack will bring us to an even higher level!
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:38 pm

He is going to Fl Gulf Coast U
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”