Prayers for John the Beerspiller and his family

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
olsingledigit

Prayers for John the Beerspiller and his family

Postby olsingledigit » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Today is the one year anniversary of the death of John McCormick, aka John the Beerspiller, aka Johnny Mac. He was my son-in-law and he died at age 44 of brain cancer. He left a wife (my daughte) and three boys now ages 19, 17, and 14. John needs no prayers because he most certainly is in heaven. But his family does as they struggle to go on without him.

Why post this here? Because John was a great Xavier fan and friend of many of the Lee Hirt Family. RIP John. See my tribute on my tag line below.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
edgecliff hall

Re: Prayers for John the Beerspiller and his family

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Olsinglediget, very sorry about your Son-In-Law, John. We, all of us on this board have experienced these heartbreaking deep losses, each in his/her own way. Then, a good thing, there is a lot of reaching out among us, prayers, thoughts, happy memories. We know how you feel. We've all been there. Sadly.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:31 pm

edgecliff hall wrote:Olsinglediget, very sorry about your Son-In-Law, John. We, all of us on this board have experienced these heartbreaking deep losses, each in his/her own way. Then, a good thing, there is a lot of reaching out among us, prayers, thoughts, happy memories. We know how you feel. We've all been there. Sadly.
ThX Hall
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Theology73

Postby Theology73 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:41 pm

You, your daughter and her children are definitely in my prayers. I have never lost one of my daughters-in-law, and I can't imagine how any of my sons or grandchildren would deal with such a loss. God bless you all!
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:28 am

Theology73 wrote:You, your daughter and her children are definitely in my prayers. I have never lost one of my daughters-in-law, and I can't imagine how any of my sons or grandchildren would deal with such a loss. God bless you all!
It's not easy. My wife passed away at age 39 leaving me with three teens, a boy and two girls. Would not relish reliving that period if my life.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Shadow wrote:
Theology73 wrote:You, your daughter and her children are definitely in my prayers. I have never lost one of my daughters-in-law, and I can't imagine how any of my sons or grandchildren would deal with such a loss. God bless you all!
It's not easy. My wife passed away at age 39 leaving me with three teens, a boy and two girls. Would not relish reliving that period if my life.
I can only imagine the difficulty. My mother died at 39 and my dad was left with seven of us. I was the oldest at age 17 on down to 3. He carried carried on somehow as I am sure you did too. God bless you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”