non conference schedule

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

non conference schedule

Postby muskieman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:25 pm

Date Opponent
Friday, Nov. 10 Morehead State (OPENING NIGHT)

Monday, Nov. 13 Rider

Thursday, Nov. 16 at Wisconsin (Gavitt Games)

Monday, Nov. 20 Hampton

Thursday, Nov. 23 Las Vegas Invitational (George Washington, Arizona State or Kansas State)

Friday, Nov. 24 Las Vegas Invitational (George Washington, Arizona State or Kansas State)

Tuesday, Nov. 28 Baylor

Saturday, Dec. 2 Cincinnati

Wednesday, Dec. 6 Kent State

Saturday, Dec. 9 Colorado

Saturday, Dec. 16 East Tennessee State

Tuesday, Dec. 19 Marshall

Friday, Dec. 22 at Northern Iowa
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Re: non conference schedule

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:30 am

muskieman wrote:Date Opponent
Friday, Nov. 10 Morehead State (OPENING NIGHT)

Monday, Nov. 13 Rider

Thursday, Nov. 16 at Wisconsin (Gavitt Games)

Monday, Nov. 20 Hampton

Thursday, Nov. 23 Las Vegas Invitational (George Washington, Arizona State or Kansas State)

Friday, Nov. 24 Las Vegas Invitational (George Washington, Arizona State or Kansas State)

Tuesday, Nov. 28 Baylor

Saturday, Dec. 2 Cincinnati

Wednesday, Dec. 6 Kent State

Saturday, Dec. 9 Colorado

Saturday, Dec. 16 East Tennessee State

Tuesday, Dec. 19 Marshall

Friday, Dec. 22 at Northern Iowa
A bit underwhelming but some big names in there that are projected to have down years so I dont think it was intentional. Preseason Tourney is one of the weakest we have been to in a few years. Need to bring hardware home.
bubba senior

Postby bubba senior » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:27 am

Will we also have an exhibition game??
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:09 am

bubba senior wrote:Will we also have an exhibition game??
Findlay University
#WHYNOTX?
xudannyo

Postby xudannyo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:34 am

I wonder how the SOS compares to the past few years. I would think it's in line. Also - Is it true we have not lost a non-conference game at Cintas since joining the Big East? That can't be right, can it? (I saw that mentioned on bigeastcoastbias.com today).
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 am

xudannyo wrote:I wonder how the SOS compares to the past few years. I would think it's in line. Also - Is it true we have not lost a non-conference game at Cintas since joining the Big East? That can't be right, can it? (I saw that mentioned on bigeastcoastbias.com today).
https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2017/6 ... vitational
"As usual, Chris Mack and the Musketeers face a challenging slate in the nonconference portion of the season. It’s worth noting that Xavier is 41-8 in nonconference play since joining the Big East, with zero of those losses coming at Cintas Center. "
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:08 pm

November 4 games in 18 days and none on Saturday or Sunday while December is 5 games within 18 days and 3 Saturdays in a row before Christmas....and that is 9 games out of the season 18 , so regular season/home season is half over by DEC 19th......seems like the games are jammed in or very compact scheduling.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:47 pm

There is no such thing as an "easy" game in NCAA which is why believing so creates upsets.
The schedule may be as demanding (on paper) than past seasons but it could very well be a silver lining to the dark cloud some are painting. It should be an opportunity to get the new "kids" familiar with the returning players.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:November 4 games in 18 days and none on Saturday or Sunday while December is 5 games within 18 days and 3 Saturdays in a row before Christmas....and that is 9 games out of the season 18 , so regular season/home season is half over by DEC 19th......seems like the games are jammed in or very compact scheduling.
nothing like being positive....or in Ron's case
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:55 pm

What happened to Wake Forest? That series is not over yet so what happened to it?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”