Recruiting news

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Recruiting news

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:33 pm

ESPN 100 Cole Swider expected to announce decision on Friday. Recently visited Duke, Xavier and Syracuse. Villanova also heavily involved
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Re: Recruiting news

Postby Jesseandrippers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:31 am

For what its worth, Crystal Ball pointing towards Duke. Though he was a "sure" commit to Wake Forest a few weeks ago so I dont take too much stock in these. Would be a great get at #48.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 am

The young man is doing his homework.
http://indiana.247sports.com/Article/Th ... u-53061099

What he said about Xavier?
Yeah, Trevon Bluiett and J.P. Macura graduated and think I can fit in pretty well in that spot. I visited their first game of the season against Lehigh. I like it a lot. Luke Murray's my guy.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Hate to say it but he looks like a Duke kind of guy.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:31 pm

My gut tells that his major field of study will help dictate his school of choice.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
X-man

Postby X-man » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:19 am

Sad to say it looks like it is going to be Nova that gets him. Sucks, but at least a Big East team beat out the Dukies for his services.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:09 pm

X-man wrote:Sad to say it looks like it is going to be Nova that gets him. Sucks, but at least a Big East team beat out the Dukies for his services.
They did! According to a "leak" on one site.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:48 pm

Jalen Coleman-Lands committed to DePaul. His HS coach joined DePaul as a coach recently. Would have been a good catch for X.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
teddyfromedgewood

Postby teddyfromedgewood » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:43 am

Trevon Williams chose Purdue over us.By my count that's 5 kids who chose to go elsewhere. But we were on there final list.Starting to worry a Lil bit.But saying that so excited for this year we our loaded on paper. Team96 will deliver are first big east championship.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:14 pm

When Matta became somewhat ill and his record was spiraling downward...recruiters used that against going to The Ohio State. Recruiters, right or wrong, are going to tell kids ...well Chris Mack will go elsewhere soon, when he so chooses, because he is wanted by many schools and he is always among the top 5 coaches to be recruited when there is a good to great coach opening....they will use this against Xavier...unless some how...X and Mack can kill that notion.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”