Recruiting news

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Recruiting news

Postby muskieman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:When Matta became somewhat ill and his record was spiraling downward...recruiters used that against going to The Ohio State. Recruiters, right or wrong, are going to tell kids ...well Chris Mack will go elsewhere soon, when he so chooses, because he is wanted by many schools and he is always among the top 5 coaches to be recruited when there is a good to great coach opening....they will use this against Xavier...unless some how...X and Mack can kill that notion.
well Mack is staying because RON thinks he will leave. Ron's predicting is like a former member of this board named after a bar, guaranteed not to happen. Ron not everyone is as dissatisfied about life as you and you have had a pretty good life.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Take it into consideration that the primary goal of the highly ranked recruits are playing time with their ultimate goal being the NBA. They will choose the school where they believe will benefit their desires. With Team 96 (leading to Team 97)being pretty well loaded it wouldn't be to their advantage of getting into the draft as fast as they would like.
Hence they pass X and look for a more suitable fit.
Anyway that's my take on the situation. :geek:
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:35 am

I'm behind the 8 ball as far as recruiting goes.....How many scholarships are available for 2018?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:44 pm

joeabe wrote:I'm behind the 8 ball as far as recruiting goes.....How many scholarships are available for 2018?
3 seniors and a 5th year would make a minimum of 4.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks Shadow! I'm encouraged as I see most of our previous years signings occurred in late July and into November even. I have total faith in our staff especially our HC in closing the deal. If I were recruiting against us I too would definitely use the Mack won't be there long tool to create doubt. But, he's too good of a recruiter to not overcome that one. I think a huge question in the mind of 2018 recruits is the strength of the 2017 class and how much pt if any they will get?
jwuerth

Postby jwuerth » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:36 pm

I think the lack of 18 kids has more to do with the loaded 17 class than anything to do with Mack.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:45 pm

four star Luther Muhammad will take an official visit to Xavier on 9/15 to 17. Plans to also visit Ohio State & Syracuse.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
teek

Re: offer

Postby teek » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:51 pm

It's my understanding that Xavier offered Justin Ahrns from Versailles, OH this weekend.
Shadow

Re: offer

Postby Shadow » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:23 pm

teek wrote:It's my understanding that Xavier offered Justin Ahrns from Versailles, OH this weekend.
Correct, as well with a couple others.
http://verbalcommits.com/players/justin-ahrens
Ralph Waldo Emerson
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Lost another recruit today. This time to Archie Miller at IU. 6'7" forward named Hunter.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”