Top Players

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskiefan92

Re: Top Players

Postby muskiefan92 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:08 pm

SC, you're just a little thin skinned I think! It was meant to be a joke because I originally thought that you may have mistyped it...wow
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Trust me 92 it wasn't just your little "joke". Which, by the way, doesn't fit your narrative in your response to Shadow. It's an accumulation of things I read on this and the other Boards, and how quick people are to jump on others. Maybe I'll just take a break til the season starts, and see what's up at that time. It's supposed to be fun and an outlet for our shared passion of Xavier Bball. But if I post, I'll watch every word to make sure it's clear!
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:28 am

Shadow wrote:
SC in DC wrote:Everyone is so ready to be a critic. Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Yes, 2 of THEM (the 10 BE players) is in fact 20%. Apology accepted. But, what ever happened to "all for one, and one for all"? Guess that was before social media! (remember I'm a geezer). This country has become SOOOO tribal. Think I'll just read, instead of contribute from now on. Thank you Shadow and Edgecliff for your civility. (Someone help me--what's 2 out of 1000?? LOL!)
Let the pile-on begin!!

P.S. FOR 92, my major was Finance, which has a little something to do with math, and I had a pretty successful career if I do say so myself!
Please continue to contribute, SC. Maybe we geezers have some thing in common that the "kids" can't comprehend because I knew what you meant from the git-go.
I agree with Shadow. Please contribute. It is easy to critcize but those who do (guilty myself sometimes) try to confine it more to basketball issues.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:15 pm

SC in DC wrote:BE has 10% and X has 20% of them. JP and Bad Boy Bluiett!

https://hoopchain.com/2017/07/07/top-10 ... 18-season/
SC...I have a XU MBA and I got your math ;)
- BE has 10 of the 100 and X has 2 of the 10.
Keep the posts coming.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:20 am

OK, I was having a bad day I guess. I don't want to make this about me--so if I have something to add I will--sorry for my snit!
Hope the board gets kinder and gentler for all! Go X!
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:04 pm

SC in DC wrote:OK, I was having a bad day I guess. I don't want to make this about me--so if I have something to add I will--sorry for my snit!
Hope the board gets kinder and gentler for all! Go X!
AMEN brother, AMEN
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:46 pm

:D
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”