Pitino Out - Let the watching begin

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
olsingledigit

Pitino Out - Let the watching begin

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Pitino is reportedly out at UL. That has been the one school that has always been my fear as a place that Mack might go. My guess is that they will get an interim coach (if there is anyone on the staff that they trust), so the wait over who really fills that spot might not be over until late next spring.

It is such a mess there that they might have trouble filling the spot, and hopefully Mack will not be interested anyway, but i guess we will see. There is even some talk about UL getting the death penalty over this. Going to be an interesting journey.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
brockman231

Re: Pitino Out - Let the watching begin

Postby brockman231 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Prediction: after the dust settles, Mack takes that job next year.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:04 pm

brockman231 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:02 pm
Hope you are wrong
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Louisville is gonna be a dung heap for quite a while. Doubt any established coach ends up there after the NCAA gets done with them... Dan
“Wins go on the mantle. Loses go in your soul."
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:05 pm

yellow20xd wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm
Louisville is gonna be a dung heap for quite a while. Doubt any established coach ends up there after the NCAA gets done with them... Dan
I would think you are right, but time will tell. The school still has "good bones" for basketball and they are in a great basketball league.
jct1941

Postby jct1941 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:37 pm

I heard that Pitino is owed 40 mi. and that is a ton of money. So, unless LSVL has a clause that would cancel that out they are in big trouble. How can they afford that another and then pay a new coach, who would expect a salary as big. Go Xavier!
skyking

Postby skyking » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 pm

brockman231 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:02 pm
Not going to happen.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 pm

(((RealClayDade)))‏
@ClayDade Sports #executive | Co-founder of @BlackCoaches | Creator of @SuperSophCamp @fabfroshcamp @jrallamericamp

Louisville is interviewing Xavier head coach Chris Mack right now
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-man

Postby X-man » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:46 am

muskieman wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 pm
(((RealClayDade)))‏
@ClayDade Sports #executive | Co-founder of @BlackCoaches | Creator of @SuperSophCamp @fabfroshcamp @jrallamericamp

[*]Louisville is interviewing Xavier head coach Chris Mack right now
Extraordinarily hard to believe that is true.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:38 pm

X-man wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:46 am
muskieman wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 pm
(((RealClayDade)))‏

[*]Louisville is interviewing Xavier head coach Chris Mack right now
Extraordinarily hard to believe that is true.
Agreed on believablity.
Not impossible but what school would even think to raid a coach at this stage of the season, not even UL. With Matta, Crean and JT3 plus innumerable assistants to pick from, why cause even more waves on a stormy sea.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”