Pitino Out - Let the watching begin

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
thecoach

Re: Pitino Out - Let the watching begin

Postby thecoach » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:32 pm

Settlement? You're confusing internal and/or ncaa dust ups with a federal investigation. The feds are doing their work for them. For a state chartered school to not fire him for cause with a federal indictment in the offing would be lunacy. An invitation for charges of complicity.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:46 pm

thecoach wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:32 pm
Settlement? You're confusing internal and/or ncaa dust ups with a federal investigation. The feds are doing their work for them. For a state chartered school to not fire him for cause with a federal indictment in the offing would be lunacy. An invitation for charges of complicity.
You really think the legal process will play out and close while he is still an employee? How are they going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt without a trial or hearing? Now who is confused with the situation...?
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:44 am

this could play out over a year or more, depending on what federal charges (if any) are brought on Rick and when they are filed. In the meantime the university goes on without him and also waits for the NCAA to make their rulings. I am sure that they are hoping that the NCAA will go easy on them because of them being proactive in the "firing" of Pitino.

Why in the heck anyone here is concerned over how much money this costs Louisvillesucks is beyond me. I hope they lose money, scholarships, games, etc........they have already lost the respect of virtually the whole college basketball world. They have been dirty for years. it was only a matter of time before it all collapsed like a house of cards. ( :roll: )
#WHYNOTX?
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:46 pm
thecoach wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:32 pm
You really think the legal process will play out and close while he is still an employee? How are they going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt without a trial or hearing? Now who is confused with the situation...
It doesn't have to play out while he's still an employee. It's probable cause.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:00 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 730771001/

He'll end up paying them money back, lol.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:44 pm

XU80 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:02 pm
ChitownSteve wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:41 pm
Not unexpectedly, Coach Pitino decides to go on the offense and has his attorney deliver a breach of contract notice to the U of L.
Ricky, you have brass ones to think you can go on the offensive, keep digging yourself deeper, you pompous.......
I ain't no attorney, but nothing screams guilty more than when someone charged with wrongdoing doesn't cry foul. Did you really expect him to say nothing?
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Not to mention immediately putting your house up for sale and leaving town.

The information that seems to dribble out on this continually really makes me wonder where it will all end up. Adidas paying Pitino all this money directly, Jurich representing it's for athletes, athletes getting paid to go there, the athletic dept. deep in the red et. al If ever there was a program that should have to disband for a few years, this is it. The only ones who will come out ahead on this will be the lawyers.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:43 am

I think the shoe companies and these so called financial advisors are going to take a hit. When you see five star players going to Auburn for a year things smell fishy, just ask Chuck Person
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:33 pm

That deal with Pitino and the shoe contract opens so many cans of worms legally it's hard to say where this goes. It will be interesting to see who approves these deals from the school side(if anyone) other than Jurich, and how they were presented publicly when they went down. That doesn't even consider the payment of players, et. al Is the shoe company bound to pay a fired coach, etc. One thing for certain i now see why Pitino immediately put his house up for sale and went to Florida.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 pm

thecoach wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:33 pm
One thing for certain i now see why Pitino immediately put his house up for sale and went to Florida.
He turned 65 last month and filed for Social Security??? :shock:
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”