Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Pitino Out - Let the watching begin

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Shadow wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 pm
thecoach wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:33 pm
One thing for certain i now see why Pitino immediately put his house up for sale and went to Florida.
He turned 65 last month and filed for Social Security??? :shock:
If he had an ounce of integrity or class, he'd donate all the monies he earned from the shoe/apparel contracts back to L-ville. It is ashamed that being a prolific rule breaker will be his legacy, instead of being one of the greatest college bball coaches of all time. He was a great innovator and took an undermanned Providence team with Billy Donovan, and made them relevant by making the 3 point shot a focal point of their offense, which wasn't fashionable back then. For full disclosure, I never watched this live, but learned of it on an ESPN documentary.

He won NC with two different teams and re-invented his identity as being as being a premier defensive guru (especially with the variety of pressure defenses he employs), and in my mind humble opinion, was the best coach in cbb since I've been watching. Keep in mind, I was around for the Brian gregory years, so it is high praise indeed.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Christian Hawkins also heavily involved with Edmond Sumner per this article. He worked with Andy Miller who was raided a week or so ago by the Fbi, and also reps Semaj Christon.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... basketball
ChitownSteve

Postby ChitownSteve » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:07 pm

We all know the NCAA has its woes and shortcomings and reform of it often called for.

The sleaze that emanates, mostly from the AAU Programs, is at the heart of many of the issues. Yet, all appear powerless to address this "entity" which is at the core of what plagues high school and college basketball.

Thoughts?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:20 pm

ChitownSteve wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:07 pm
We all know the NCAA has its woes and shortcomings and reform of it often called for.

The sleaze that emanates, mostly from the AAU Programs, is at the heart of many of the issues. Yet, all appear powerless to address this "entity" which is at the core of what plagues high school and college basketball.

Thoughts?
The NCAA approves a measure where anyone that plays AAU basketball is ineligible for a college scholarship. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”