AND IT BEGINS

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

AND IT BEGINS

Postby muskieman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Anfernee Simons, Courtney Ramey decommit from Louisville

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/09/27/anfe ... ouisville/
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
yellow20xd

Re: AND IT BEGINS

Postby yellow20xd » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:28 pm

And X has at least one scholarship to offer... Dan :D
“Wins go on the mantle. Loses go in your soul."
Theology73

Postby Theology73 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Let's see...if I were a top tier player leaving a sinking ship, what kind of program would I like to join? What top 25 team with a clean reputation has scholarships available and might help me reach the Final Four. Hmm...
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:01 pm

This may be our X's saving grace with the lackluster results in re: to recruiting for 18' thus far. X hasn't hit on one major target. It's hard to understand from a team which is coming off of an E-8, and has major contributors graduating after this year. The timing for this couldn't have worked out better.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:54 pm

Hard to understand?

Perhaps what is happening at these other universities has something to do with the fact that X has never been able to land a 5 star out of HS.

By the way......UK only has ONE commit for 2018 at this point too. X isn't the only school that hasn't gotten much yet.
#WHYNOTX?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Ky,

Careful. I believe Semaj was a 5 star, and Scruggs a border 5-star guy. Should we assume X shelled out money to get those guys?

As far as KY goes, do you really believe they will end up with a class not ranked in the top 5? They ain't signing and chasing unranked players like X is. I, like you am an optimist, as my paranoid schizophrenic friend Pierre can attest. However, outside of snagging highly ranked transfers and/or "decommits," I is afraid our recruiting class in 18'will resemble NKU's if something doesn't turn the tide.

I have faith that CM will pull a rabbit or two out of his hat. Hopefully, we get that kid from Moeller.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Not to mention the Fbi seized Semaj Christon and Jordan Crawford's agent's computers earlier in the week.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:17 am

Anti

Just wondering how many 5 stars that X may have gotten if someone hadn't "steered" them elsewhere in the past few years?

Perhaps this revelation that players/families associated with the programs already mentioned (and I'm sure there will be more) have been receiving money as part of the recruitment process explains why X has NOT been getting their verbal commitments?

X has been one of the most consistent and successful college basketball programs anywhere over the last 20 years. It's facilities have continued to be upgraded. The university facilities have continued to be upgraded far beyond what many of us here could have ever imagined what our old school would look like. X has a history of sending its players to the pros. It would seemingly have enough going for it that it would get at least one top 20 recruit/McDonalds all American during that time. But it haven't.
Heck, even Western Kentucky had one this year (at least for a little while).

I'm very hopeful that it was because X never got involved in this pay for play scheme, and that because they refused to do so is the reason they haven't landed any of these type of kids.

My 2nd point was that historically many of the top programs and the top players don't come together until later in the recruiting cycle. I'm not so worried as some I guess.
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:44 am

Always wondered how Tyrone Hill had a brand new Chevy Blazer and thousands of dollars worth of jewelry while at X. He must have had a great part time job
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:41 am

thecoach wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 pm
Not to mention the Fbi seized Semaj Christon and Jordan Crawford's agent's computers earlier in the week.
uh that's not good-hope doesn't come back to X. Little worried especially that Crawford and Tu both came to X at the same time after being at (or recruited by) Indiana. Lyons and Parrom reference is also scary

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”