Talk XU Men's basketball here...
rickf

Re: Sean Miller's silence

Postby rickf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Richardson knows what the Shadow knows.
rickf

Postby rickf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:29 pm

It's hard to believe that Miller knew about this. Monumental risk if he did.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:04 pm

yellow20xd wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:06 pm
All I know is that i wouldn't want to be in his shoes... Dan
In keeping with wuoring old proverbs. “before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes”
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nuch92

Postby Nuch92 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:49 pm

I can’t wait to see him cry again.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Shadow wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 am
Pierre Dracot wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:56 am

Of course. But he says nothing?
Ever hear the old adage "Silence is golden", i.e., a proverbial saying, often used in circumstances where it is thought that saying nothing is preferable to speaking.
And if he "gets in front of it", then, then, as Shakespeare said (paraphrasing), "Methinks he doth protest too much". Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
XU80

Postby XU80 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:54 pm

So, I wonder how many of these coaches, agents and shoe company guys, laughed at the NCAA given the consequences of NCAA infractions in the past. We know the NCAA barely worried any of the big programs given the occasional slap on the wrist. Now, the coaches, etc face the consequences of the FBI and Justice Department. In stead of School infractions and the coaches move on, now they are looking at jail time. For those guilty that haven't been identified yet, every day they have to be wondering when the knock on the door will be coming.

Perhaps, this will be the event, that forces the NBA and NCAA to recognize some kids should go on to a Developmental NBA league rather than the mockery that is one and done in college basketball. Let's hope, and then we can get back to enjoy the college game with hopefully a slightly more level playing field.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:17 pm

XU80 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:54 pm
So, I wonder how many of these coaches, agents and shoe company guys, laughed at the NCAA given the consequences of NCAA infractions in the past. We know the NCAA barely worried any of the big programs given the occasional slap on the wrist. Now, the coaches, etc face the consequences of the FBI and Justice Department. In stead of School infractions and the coaches move on, now they are looking at jail time. For those guilty that haven't been identified yet, every day they have to be wondering when the knock on the door will be coming.

Perhaps, this will be the event, that forces the NBA and NCAA to recognize some kids should go on to a Developmental NBA league rather than the mockery that is one and done in college basketball. Let's hope, and then we can get back to enjoy the college game with hopefully a slightly more level playing field.
And through this all NC is laughing at their good fortune. Their "no class" regime now looks insignificant next to this new scandal.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:51 am

Unless you're a complete idiot, when you're questioned by the Fbi you would be counseled to say nothing. He's well represented. You'll likely hear nothing from anyone who is involved in the investigation until the point the authorities play their hand.
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:33 pm

thecoach wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:51 am
Unless you're a complete idiot, when you're questioned by the Fbi you would be counseled to say nothing. He's well represented. You'll likely hear nothing from anyone who is involved in the investigation until the point the authorities play their hand.
Good advice for someone who is culpable.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:43 pm

Pierre Dracot wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:33 pm
thecoach wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:51 am
Good advice for someone who is culpable.
Pierre,

Please pm me - stat! I know someone who will remove asbestos and check for mold in your house.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”