Thomas More "X"hibition Game Thread 11/04/17

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Shadow

Thomas More "X"hibition Game Thread 11/04/17

Postby Shadow » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Time to show us what the season will bring,
Go X
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Shadow

Re: Thomas More "X"hibition Game Thread 11/04/17

Postby Shadow » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Between Shannon and the online stats feed it seemed like a blowout from the start.
Hope Scruggs was showing opening night jitters as far as his accuracy was concerned. Naji played well as did Jones, Gates & Q. Hope JP's knee isn't too bad,
Sure would like to hear assessments for those that attended the game.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Sean had a miserable game. Looks like Mack addressed that https://www.pscp.tv/XavierGameday/
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Hard to make much of a judgement considering the talent difference between the 2 teams. Pretty balanced scoring. Big guys need to finish a little better around the rim but that's probably nitpicking. What's up with charging $5 to park at the lots on Dana?That's my biggest beef :)
Alpalpa

Postby Alpalpa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 pm

It went pretty much like you'd expect for the first game against real opposition. Their team play was a little raw, and they didn't make that extra pass that opens it up. Frosh looked good but need to work harder finding the open man. Gates looked strong as did Kanter. JP played some but not much. Tre sat out. A walk-on played point for much of the second half. Talent's there, but coordinated play seemed a bit rough. Naji and Scruggs showed real promise.
Don't want to seem negative because the future looks bright. They should progress well as the opposition gets tougher.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”