Final four predictions

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 21120
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Final four predictions

Postby muskieman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:26 pm

a name we love is one some people's lists

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... layer-year
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Theology73
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Final four predictions

Postby Theology73 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:51 am

Is this the first time in history that any national commentator has used the words "Xavier" and National Champion" in the same sentence? If so, did Tom Crean just give us a big fat jinx? Of course, if he jinxed us, how much more jinxed are MSU and Duke?
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 21120
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Final four predictions

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:11 am

Theology73 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:51 am
Is this the first time in history that any national commentator has used the words "Xavier" and National Champion" in the same sentence? If so, did Tom Crean just give us a big fat jinx? Of course, if he jinxed us, how much more jinxed are MSU and Duke?
and more than one said X could be in the final four. But champions are not made on paper but on hardwood.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Final four predictions

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Is this the first time in history that any national commentator has used the words "Xavier" and National Champion" in the same sentence? If so, did Tom Crean just give us a big fat jinx? Of course, if he jinxed us, how much more jinxed are MSU and Duke?
[/quote]
and more than one said X could be in the final four. But champions are not made on paper but on hardwood.
[/quote]
"But champions are not made on paper but on hardwood"

When did James Joyce join this board? Sir, you eloquence is only matched by your WWF like rants towards zebras who dare call a foul against our beloved Muskies. Once again, you overwhelm me you s.o.b. My allergies must be working overtime, as tears are streaming down my face. Goodnight, fellow muskies. Goodnight.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 21120
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Final four predictions

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:14 pm
Is this the first time in history that any national commentator has used the words "Xavier" and National Champion" in the same sentence? If so, did Tom Crean just give us a big fat jinx? Of course, if he jinxed us, how much more jinxed are MSU and Duke?
and more than one said X could be in the final four. But champions are not made on paper but on hardwood.
[/quote]
"But champions are not made on paper but on hardwood"

When did James Joyce join this board? Sir, you eloquence is only matched by your WWF like rants towards zebras who dare call a foul against our beloved Muskies. Once again, you overwhelm me you s.o.b. My allergies must be working overtime, as tears are streaming down my face. Goodnight, fellow muskies. Goodnight.
[/quote]
never took you for a coldplay fan .... then again maybe you have Blepharitis
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
madness31
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Final four predictions

Postby madness31 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:04 pm

If the frosh are as good as advertised then I believe X is significantly under ranked. If Macura and Bluiett play together the way they did in the tournament last year then a championship is indeed possible. The 2 struggled to play together for much of the regular season and the results were obviously mixed.

No doubt hot shooting will be required but the potential is there. Goodin simply needs to take care of the ball and keep the defense honest. Tyrique needs to bring big energy, take advantage of opportunities and own the glass. O'Mara will need to be an offensive force to keep pressure on the opposing bigs. After that a couple of the newcomers will have to step up to provide depth in all facets of the game.

Everyone will need to defend with energy as well as minimize turnovers.
mumuskie87
Posts: 10447
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Final four predictions

Postby mumuskie87 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:10 pm

madness31 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:04 pm
If the frosh are as good as advertised then I believe X is significantly under ranked. If Macura and Bluiett play together the way they did in the tournament last year then a championship is indeed possible. The 2 struggled to play together for much of the regular season and the results were obviously mixed.

No doubt hot shooting will be required but the potential is there. Goodin simply needs to take care of the ball and keep the defense honest. Tyrique needs to bring big energy, take advantage of opportunities and own the glass. O'Mara will need to be an offensive force to keep pressure on the opposing bigs. After that a couple of the newcomers will have to step up to provide depth in all facets of the game.

Everyone will need to defend with energy as well as minimize turnovers.
I think the key is the 3 walk-ons - Schrand, Singleton and Vanderpohl - and how well they cheer on the bench. They do well and I think X has a shot a shot to win the NC. ;)
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests