Morehead St Game Thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Morehead St Game Thread

Postby skyhops » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:34 am

Attended the game with Hops Jr in the banquet area. Very impressed with the freshmen especially Naji ability to attack the basket and Scruggs on defense. O’mara Could be losing minutes to kanter and even Marshall. Anti is usually correct, so a potential final four and conference championship is nice to think about.
finalfourorbust

Postby finalfourorbust » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:19 am

skyhops wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:34 am
Attended the game with Hops Jr in the banquet area. Very impressed with the freshmen especially Naji ability to attack the basket and Scruggs on defense. O’mara Could be losing minutes to kanter and even Marshall. Anti is usually correct, so a potential final four and conference championship is nice to think about.
O'mara will be valuable for selective matchups and foul situations, but, not necessarily as the everyday starter.
XU80

Postby XU80 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 pm

I love the unselfish play. 26 assists was a beautiful thing to watch. Albeit a weak opponent, in the past we would have played to their level. Last night, we didn't relent on either end of the court. The depth of our team shows very little drop off in skill/ability with our first four off the bench.

I was impressed as well with Marshall's ability to grab the rebound and lead the break. Our ability to push the ball up the court led to some uncontested 3s or easy transition baskets. This is going to be a fun team to watch.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:49 pm

finalfourorbust wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:19 am
skyhops wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:34 am
O'mara will be valuable for selective matchups and foul situations, but, not necessarily as the everyday starter.
Most, including myself, have underestimated O'Mara for 3 years. He definitely struggles in certain match ups, but when he gets into a groove offensively, he is a very crafty low post scorer. Also, unlike many other players, he doesn't complain or sulk, as least from what I've seen, when he doesn't get a lot of pt. Great to have kids like him on the team.

All three bigs have different skill sets. Again, this is one reason which makes X poised to make a deep run this year.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”