Opening night shockers

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Opening night shockers

Postby muskieman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 pm

score 90-69 Indiana routed in opener by Indiana state. Just to show how much of a route IU scored the last 8 points of the game. IU held ISU to no points in last 5 minutes
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87

Re: Opening night shockers

Postby mumuskie87 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:25 pm

A big ouch for Archie
The BE looks like a 8-0 night
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Itr's a "double-icious" night for Mman. X won, and AM lost at IU. I wonder why he didn't start an "NCAA Shocker Thread" when AM did the impossible: WIn as many NCAA tourney games in one year, tas Dayton had in the previous 3 decades. Sir, start more sophomoric threads like the aforementioned, and Muskienick or X-Luc will supplant you as my number one mentor. You've been warned.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 pm

MM is still disappointed he can’t make fun of “beak nose”.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:56 am

25th ranked Texas A&M over 11th ranked West Virginia with ease, despite missing 2 of it’s top players.
#WHYNOTX?
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:18 am

kyzrex wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:56 am
25th ranked Texas A&M over 11th ranked West Virginia with ease, despite missing 2 of it’s top players.
That game was in Germany. I'm sure Huggs went out and pounded a few brews afterwards
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:58 pm

skyhops wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 pm
MM is still disappointed he can’t make fun of “beak nose”.

Hops,

Stop piling on my mentor! I do pray that neither little Brandon Mack, nor Skip's son becomes a coach at Dayton, or some other Godless school.
Some on the Board will make them rue the day.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 pm
Itr's a "double-icious" night for Mman. X won, and AM lost at IU. I wonder why he didn't start an "NCAA Shocker Thread" when AM did the impossible: WIn as many NCAA tourney games in one year, tas Dayton had in the previous 3 decades. Sir, start more sophomoric threads like the aforementioned, and Muskienick or X-Luc will supplant you as my number one mentor. You've been warned.
I suppose you and Hops might still have that Hard on for Archie but I had forgotten he was their new coach.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm

bluegrass wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:18 am
kyzrex wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:56 am
That game was in Germany. I'm sure Huggs went out and pounded a few brews afterwards
afterwards? sounds like it might have been before, during and after. At least he wasn't driving
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:05 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:19 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 pm
I suppose you and Hops might still have that Hard on for Archie but I had forgotten he was their new coach.
Mman,

Did you actually maintain a straight face when you claimed you forgot AM was the HC at IU? If we hooked you up to a lie detector test, the walls would look like a Jackson Pollack painting afterwards. I think there was a painter named JP. I only know of him because I heard Michael Scott make reference to him. I don’t root for or against AM. I just admire the fact that he and Skip Prosser ( who took a MD Balt team who had only 2 wins the previous year, or something like that, to the NCAA tourney the next year) have done the two best coaching jobs in the state of OH since I’ve been following college basketball. Keep in mind that period included Billy Gilespie’s reign at UK.

Don’t worry, you’re still my mentor, but you’re skating on thin ice. I also heard a rumor that X-Luc is making business cards with the title of AH’s Mentor at Kinkos as we speak, in hopes of the highly anticipated change. A little premature…….for now.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”