Free Byron and Joe

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
teek

Free Byron and Joe

Postby teek » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Byron and Joe have been taken off the floor and stuck in a very small space above Section 110. Coach Mack has to go up there and squeeze in after every home game for the post game interview. This requires Chris to walk through
some fans who might be hanging around. Not good. And Byron should be seen at the games since he is the face of Xavier Basketball. I suggest that we “Free Byron and Joe”
harryfe

Re: Free Byron and Joe

Postby harryfe » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 pm

What do Byron and Joe think? Probably better view of the entire floor from their new seats
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:20 pm

BLark now has to go down to interview. Where are the opponents radio people?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
kmcrawfo

Postby kmcrawfo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:42 am

I believe Joe and Byron were given the choice between a spot on the floor in the corner by the xavier bench and where they r now. They chose to relocate to their current location..... I think.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:57 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:20 pm
BLark now has to go down to interview. Where are the opponents radio people?
I was wondering that too
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 am

i just don't get how you can't find a way to get your OWN radio guys a seat near center court on press row or wherever to make sure that they are getting to see all the action (some things like what players are saying to each other, etc)

why would they want to move to the corner by the bench? that's not a great view for radio announcers at all. they need to be center court. i guess i can see why they would choose to move up if those were the two choices they were given.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Xavier has screwed B and J for the last few years when they moved them to the end of the media table while giving center court up to TV and opponents radio team. Never could understand why X gave our guys a worse spot then a visiting team's announcers after all when X goes on road X gets the radio spot in the rafters or a partially obstructed view.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”