Re: Pac 12 nightmare weekend

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:05 pm

webxu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:57 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:39 am
muskieman wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:57 am
and the bad dream continues for Sean as Zona goes 0-3 and get beat by 25. I am sure he will right the ship but it was taking on water which mean Anti-homer will be all over him on the Zona boards
Nah,

I don’t troll other team’s boards. I’m sure you have AZ’s bookmarked, (now Indiana’s as well), though I’m sure either is only accessed when they lose. I’m a fan of AZ, b/c the best coach in the history of X coaches there. The guy who took over an empty cupboard when Thad bolted, and simply won more games each and every year, and also advanced to the Elite 8 in his 4th year with A-10 caliber recruits. He did, however, have the audacity of going to a program that paid him probably 3 times what X did, and also was joining a conference that would allow him to recruit the kinds of players CM has been recruiting since joining the elite BE (next year’s class notwithstanding, which would be poor for an A-10 team as of now), and increase his probability of one day reaching the NC.

AZ had 3 coaches in 3 years when he went to AZ, and SM did one of the best recruiting jobs ever, allowing him to reach his 1st of the 3 or 4 E-8s he has achieved since going there (funny, I don’t recall a thread started by you chronicling this). I know you’re salty b/c CM, the guy who would be coaching CA if not for his wife’s veto, and whom I’d STILL be rooting for as a true X FAN even if he did leave, has only reached the E-8 once despite the advantages of being in a premier conference, and having the cupboards being left full enough for 5 houses courtesy of one Sean Miller. Even his peers felt compelled to comment about it (see Crean, Tom).

Like a lot of posters have opined in the past, your obsession with wanting AZ to fail is bizarre. Now Indiana is added to the list. Your gleeful post after AM’s loss is evidence of this. Why would anyone care how IN did? I don’t recall a bunch, or one for that matter, of threads marveling at the job AM did taking Dayton to the E-8. Surely, X posters would be more interested in Dayton than IU no? I suspect your disdain for AZ is only equaled by UC and Dayton, and now IU, b/c SM’s younger brother did one of the best five coaching jobs probably in the last decade at his previous school, relative to how Dayton performed prior to his arrival. It’s probably why he was voted considerably higher than ”other coaches” in a poll taken a couple of years ago.

Mman, I’m going to let you borrow my Goodwill Hunting dvd again, so you can watch the scene over and over where Matt Damon tells that guy to “Not be unoriginal.” When I googled it on YouTube, a picture of you appeared. You’re as original as a Milli Vanilli song. Unlike you, as much as I do wish success for AZ, since the best coach X ever had coaches there, it doesn’t ruin my week, weekend, day hour, or minute if they lose. You, on the other hand, would need 5 Ambien a night for 6 mos if AZ ever won the NC. When X loses, I’m ashamed to say it does sour me for a couple of hours. AZ woes don't affect me at all. However, two truths we know from you is: a loss can never be attributed to CM, and the refs ALWAYS conspire against my beloved Muskies.

Again, it's curious that we did not see a bunch of threads, or ANY to my knowledge, of anything positive about AZ during those E-8 runs, particularly his 1st one, when he accelerated the rebuilding job by about 3 years. Mman, life’s too short to derive such great pleasure over someone else’s misery, especially when that someone did the best 5 year coaching job for the team you supposedly love. Approx. 93% of my posts are positive, and 7% are constructively not positive. Do you think CM is 100% positive when talking to his players in private, or public for that matter? Please don’t inundate my inbox with apologies which usually occurs after I have to chastise you, something which gives me no pleasure. I also hope this doesn’t make out next Moderator’s meeting at Chili’s uncomfortable next month.

GO X, and to a much lesser extent, go Wildcats and Winthrop!

AH OUT!

Well i think with the scandal its pretty obvious how zona came back so fast.. no way SM didnt know about Book...
I guess it invalidates the stellar years he had at X too then right? For the record, I'm more inclined to believe he had to know something as well, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Also, when one of the most respected voices in cbb, Jay Bilas, comes out and strongly defends his integrity ( and not the other hc.s embroiled in the scandal), it gives me pause. Additionally, despite the massive resources the NCAA is expending, they still haven't uncovered any evidence linking him since the scandal started.

You probably think Harvey Weinstein is guilty despite the lack of evidence as well.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:35 pm

I don't believe that Sean would allow his program to be jeopardized but maybe Book felt the pressure to be a successful recruiter. I hope Book is not found to be guilty and I pray it does not mean that Sean is pulled deeper into this mess. Now if he was NC nothing would happen even if he was guilty
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
webxu

Postby webxu » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:17 am

Well Book was at X with SM from 07-09, which coincides with our most successful run in school history. I'm just thankful the investigation is from his years at Zona is all... I guess you think Pitino knew nothing as well.. come on. Those guys know EVERYTHING that goes on in their programs. Just ask Dedrick and Thad..

The weisntein comparison is really stupid and poor taste btw.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”