Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 21280
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby muskieman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Valued the ball in the second half with on 4 TOs. Had a dry spell but scored when they needed to score. Overall good game when Tre is not scoring the ball. Need that and more for the UC game. Marshall had a nice game. Gooding had 8 assists and no TOs I'd take that from our point guard any day now if we could get his 26 minutes(lost 10m in first half) to 30-33 minutes no telling what his assists could look like
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4418
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:37 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Valued the ball in the second half with on 4 TOs. Had a dry spell but scored when they needed to score. Overall good game when Tre is not scoring the ball. Need that and more for the UC game. Marshall had a nice game. Gooding had 8 assists and no TOs I'd take that from our point guard any day now if we could get his 26 minutes(lost 10m in first half) to 30-33 minutes no telling what his assists could look like
Where's the troll who said X's guards were sloppy? Goodin's only hole is he is a poor outside shooter, so he needs to limit those. However, he broke Leconte at will, and drew at least a half dozen fouls. He also ran a great floor game and played great defense. Leconte couldn't shake him, even when the big came out to set a pick, because Jones was quick enough to provide cover, then rotate back to his man.

Gates continued to shoot well, and his defense is so underrated. He defended well on the perimeter, and in the post. Loved seeing him drive as well. Kantner continues to play well, and Marshall is a star in the making. Tre didn't have a good game, but he had a very key rebound after a JP miss. I think X actually outrebounded them, which many teams won't be able to accomplish this year.

Great win. CM is my coach.
bluegrass
Posts: 3053
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby bluegrass » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Big game from Goodin.9 assists 0 TO. Just needs to avoid that early foul trouble
xavier3034
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby xavier3034 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Where’s all the comments after this big win. We get 7 pages of how people could of coached better than Mack after a bad loss to Arizona state. But after a good team win over a top 25 team we get barely get 12 comments. Great team win by X and I can see the best is yet to come. GO XAVIER!!!
Anti-Homer
Posts: 4418
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:03 pm

xavier3034 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:55 pm
Where’s all the comments after this big win. We get 7 pages of how people could of coached better than Mack after a bad loss to Arizona state. But after a good team win over a top 25 team we get barely get 12 comments. Great team win by X and I can see the best is yet to come. GO XAVIER!!!
Really?

All the posts were how one could have coached better? Can you please point out ONE where someone said they could have coached better? There are some posts which questioned the strategy. However, were there any mean-spirited? Considering your sanctimonious post, I assume you never complain about how a taxi, truck, or bus driver drives, because they are "professionals," right? I also assume you've NEVER complained about a meal at a restaurant unless you're a chef. Lighten up Francis. What do you think the purpose of a sports fan board is about?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 21280
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby muskieman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:37 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Valued the ball in the second half with on 4 TOs. Had a dry spell but scored when they needed to score. Overall good game when Tre is not scoring the ball. Need that and more for the UC game. Marshall had a nice game. Gooding had 8 assists and no TOs I'd take that from our point guard any day now if we could get his 26 minutes(lost 10m in first half) to 30-33 minutes no telling what his assists could look like
Where's the troll who said X's guards were sloppy? Goodin's only hole is he is a poor outside shooter, so he needs to limit those. However, he broke Leconte at will, and drew at least a half dozen fouls. He also ran a great floor game and played great defense. Leconte couldn't shake him, even when the big came out to set a pick, because Jones was quick enough to provide cover, then rotate back to his man.

Gates continued to shoot well, and his defense is so underrated. He defended well on the perimeter, and in the post. Loved seeing him drive as well. Kantner continues to play well, and Marshall is a star in the making. Tre didn't have a good game, but he had a very key rebound after a JP miss. I think X actually outrebounded them, which many teams won't be able to accomplish this year.

Great win. CM is my coach.
one bad weekend and you are off the "Sean is #1" bandwagon ???
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
xavier3034
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby xavier3034 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:21 pm

That’s fine and dandy. I’ll give you that any can complain about whatever they want because I know I complain a lot in other situations but I still want to know why there’s is 7 pages on a loss ( in my humble opinion to a team that can be ranked in the top 15 ) and barely anything on a win against a team that’s in the top 20? Not trying to start anything with my complaining but just want to see a little more after a big hard fought win
XavierRunningMan
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby XavierRunningMan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Proud of our Muskies! Big win tonight. :lol:

#BeatUC
harryfe
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby harryfe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:37 pm

xavier3034 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:21 pm
That’s fine and dandy. I’ll give you that any can complain about whatever they want because I know I complain a lot in other situations but I still want to know why there’s is 7 pages on a loss ( in my humble opinion to a team that can be ranked in the top 15 ) and barely anything on a win against a team that’s in the top 20? Not trying to start anything with my complaining but just want to see a little more after a big hard fought win
Maybe most of the posters were at the game
Jesseandrippers
Posts: 651
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:25 am

xavier3034 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:55 pm
Where’s all the comments after this big win. We get 7 pages of how people could of coached better than Mack after a bad loss to Arizona state. But after a good team win over a top 25 team we get barely get 12 comments. Great team win by X and I can see the best is yet to come. GO XAVIER!!!
Two big factors:
1) was a home game so many regular posters usually go to the game

2) its Tuesday night

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shucker and 23 guests