Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
kyzrex

Re: Baylor Game thread 11/28/17

Postby kyzrex » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:45 am

One more factor.....

For every compliment that is given out to a restaurant, taxi driver, shop person, etc........they will get a dozen complaints. It’s just human nature I guess.

And the purpose of these boards seems to be to give people a place to blow off steam......even if it’s just people complaining about how others are complaining. :mrgreen:

Y’all take these game RESULTS way to seriously in my opinion. While this win will probably look really good on the resume at the end of the season, and the ASU loss may not look to bad at that point, the wins and losses won’t really effect how the team actually PLAYS in March. What a game like this will do, along with the ASU and UC games, is give the team experience like they were in the NCAA tourney. 3 top teams, all with different styles and different types of personal, back to back to back within a week. That’s pretty hard to duplicate in a regular season schedule and could prove invaluable experience for the freshmen and Kanter.

Keep your eyes on the prize and just enjoy the journey.
#WHYNOTX?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 am

xavier3034 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:55 pm
Where’s all the comments after this big win. We get 7 pages of how people could of coached better than Mack after a bad loss to Arizona state. But after a good team win over a top 25 team we get barely get 12 comments. Great team win by X and I can see the best is yet to come. GO XAVIER!!!
And mumuskie87 was absent tonight.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 pm

xavier3034 wrote:
Where’s all the comments after this big win. We get 7 pages of how people could of coached better than Mack after a bad loss to Arizona state. But after a good team win over a top 25 team we get barely get 12 comments. Great team win by X and I can see the best is yet to come. GO XAVIER!!!
People are more likely to complain than compliment.That's a sad fact of life.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:34 pm

It’s nice to see Kantner play better each and every game. He even plays a lot better defense that I ever thought he was capable of, based on all the reports I read prior to his coming on campus. I do feel bad for SOM. He obviously gets exposed defensively on some matchups but is a very efficient low post scorer. He was talked out of transferring two years ago, and much to his credit, never seems to sulk on the bench, and always gets up to congratulate players coming off of the court, despite only playing 10-12 minutes a game. Selfishly, I’m glad he stayed, but I’m sure he wonders what his career could have been like playing 30 minutes a game at a mid-major school. I hope he is rewarded by helping X reach its 1st F-4, and gets a chance to play overseas.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:18 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:37 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm
Valued the ball in the second half with on 4 TOs. Had a dry spell but scored when they needed to score. Overall good game when Tre is not scoring the ball. Need that and more for the UC game. Marshall had a nice game. Gooding had 8 assists and no TOs I'd take that from our point guard any day now if we could get his 26 minutes(lost 10m in first half) to 30-33 minutes no telling what his assists could look like
Where's the troll who said X's guards were sloppy? Goodin's only hole is he is a poor outside shooter, so he needs to limit those. However, he broke Leconte at will, and drew at least a half dozen fouls. He also ran a great floor game and played great defense. Leconte couldn't shake him, even when the big came out to set a pick, because Jones was quick enough to provide cover, then rotate back to his man.

Gates continued to shoot well, and his defense is so underrated. He defended well on the perimeter, and in the post. Loved seeing him drive as well. Kantner continues to play well, and Marshall is a star in the making. Tre didn't have a good game, but he had a very key rebound after a JP miss. I think X actually outrebounded them, which many teams won't be able to accomplish this year.

Great win. CM is my coach.
one bad weekend and you are off the "Sean is #1" bandwagon ???
Au contraire, my referee berating, player blaming (in lieu of the coach), EPSN conspiracy theorist. I’m still a SM fan, since he took over Xavier’s program with the cupboards empty, improved the number of wins each and every year, reached the Elite 8 with A-10 players, and has since compiled 3 more E-8s at a school which had 3 coaches in 3 years prior to his arrival. How can you not be a fan of that? However, I’m not an obsessive stalker like you are. In fact, I venture to say you’ve started more threads on Arizona, than the rest of the posters combined. Congratulations. Not so coincidentally, they’ve all been negative. Shame on you for that.

Here are two of my wishes for X-Mas: That little Brandon Mack never becomes a coach or player of any team other than X. My second wish is that if he does become affiliated with any school other than X, he never achieves any success, lest he be given juvenile names like Raccoon, and be vilified by irrational posters for having the audacity of trying to improve their lot.

AH OUT.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:40 pm

xavier3034 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:21 pm
That’s fine and dandy. I’ll give you that any can complain about whatever they want because I know I complain a lot in other situations but I still want to know why there’s is 7 pages on a loss ( in my humble opinion to a team that can be ranked in the top 15 ) and barely anything on a win against a team that’s in the top 20? Not trying to
start anything with my complaining but just want to see a little more after a big hard fought win
Fair enough. I think many posters were at the game, including my cantankerous mentor Mman. I saw him drinking champagne in the roped off guarded section of seats hanging with local celebrities like Jeff Ruby’s sister’s hairstylist. He’s the closest thing the Queen City will ever have to James Bond.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:40 pm
xavier3034 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:21 pm
That’s fine and dandy. I’ll give you that any can complain about whatever they want because I know I complain a lot in other situations but I still want to know why there’s is 7 pages on a loss ( in my humble opinion to a team that can be ranked in the top 15 ) and barely anything on a win against a team that’s in the top 20? Not trying to
start anything with my complaining but just want to see a little more after a big hard fought win
Fair enough. I think many posters were at the game, including my cantankerous mentor Mman. I saw him drinking champagne in the roped off guarded section of seats hanging with local celebrities like Jeff Ruby’s sister’s hairstylist. He’s the closest thing the Queen City will ever have to James Bond.
working on your fake news again AH? It was the hairstylist's girlfriend. Maybe if you stopped trying to imitate Matt Lauer
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Shadow wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 am
xavier3034 wrote:
Yes...I had a board meeting at work that night so I had to DVR the game for viewing later.
But will be back in the saddle tomorrow.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:22 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:22 pm
Shadow wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 am
xavier3034 wrote:
Yes...I had a board meeting at work that night so I had to DVR the game for viewing later.
But will be back in the saddle tomorrow.
was that board or bored meeting?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:34 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:45 am
One more factor.....

For every compliment that is given out to a restaurant, taxi driver, shop person, etc........they will get a dozen complaints. It’s just human nature I guess.

And the purpose of these boards seems to be to give people a place to blow off steam......even if it’s just people complaining about how others are complaining. :mrgreen:

Y’all take these game RESULTS way to seriously in my opinion. While this win will probably look really good on the resume at the end of the season, and the ASU loss may not look to bad at that point, the wins and losses won’t really effect how the team actually PLAYS in March. What a game like this will do, along with the ASU and UC games, is give the team experience like they were in the NCAA tourney. 3 top teams, all with different styles and different types of personal, back to back to back within a week. That’s pretty hard to duplicate in a regular season schedule and could prove invaluable experience for the freshmen and Kanter.

Keep your eyes on the prize and just enjoy the journey.
Well said
I'm hoping X gets a W tomorrow but if they don't I'm still going to head over to Herb and Thelma's and enjoy a burger and a brew
And when the sun comes up on Sunday, I will go with my wife, daughter and 2 goldens to cut a Christams tree
Life is good. If X wins, it's a little extra icing on the cake. If they don't, well the cake is still pretty good.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”