Shootout - Recruits in stands

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-Expert

Re: Shootout - Recruits in stands

Postby X-Expert » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm
He’s not a center, but at least he can seemingly play the post against similarly sized fours. God Bless him, but without another very capable recruit who mans the post, Mr. Walter out of Cov Cath will be Jones backup next year. That, and Mman rifling through his garbage at 3:00 in the morning is what will be keeping CM up at night, unless an expected 6’10” stud takes the wrong bus, and ends up on campus.
Homer-top address your last comment. after listening to Kent jones (last years recruit), I would think there is at least a 65% chance he will end up on the wrong bus to Cincinnati, Of course, he may end of playing for Cincinnati State
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:46 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:34 pm
I believe Chris' concern for O rebounds was mentioned a number of times this year.
It's a glaring factor in this match up. However, it's not just offensive rebounding. Clark has become a much more assertive player going to the hoop. I was looking at some of the stats yesterday, and he's shot as many ft's as Bluett, and he doesn't shoot as much or log the minutes. Kid is astute at getting shots up, and has all the old school moves no one uses anymore. If our bigs go out, or are severely hampered by fouls, he can make layups all day long. It will be an interesting test.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:03 pm
Xavier also has an offer out to a 7 footer who is currently playing in Jr. College in Florida, but doesn’t plan to make a decision until the spring
That's good to know. X needs to get a quality big either from the JC or grad transfer ranks, or I can see them going small ball a lot, a la Nova in the old BE, with Gates playing the 5, when Jones needs to be spelled or gets into foul trouble.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 pm

thecoach wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:46 pm
muskieman wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:34 pm
I believe Chris' concern for O rebounds was mentioned a number of times this year.
It's a glaring factor in this match up. However, it's not just offensive rebounding. Clark has become a much more assertive player going to the hoop. I was looking at some of the stats yesterday, and he's shot as many ft's as Bluett, and he doesn't shoot as much or log the minutes. Kid is astute at getting shots up, and has all the old school moves no one uses anymore. If our bigs go out, or are severely hampered by fouls, he can make layups all day long. It will be an interesting test.
I agree Clark has become a very good player and has also slimmed down. However, part of the reason they were so effective rebounding last year was because their 6' 8"-6-9" power was rebounding against our 6'5" sf in Bluiett. However, this year, he'll have to deal with one of the best "4"s in the B.E. in Gates. He's going to have a hard time following him around screens and chasing him down on fast breaks.

Clark's inflated stats are also due to the fact that they've played teams the caliber of Rider. They're a very good team, but this will be their 1st test. And they will fail.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:16 pm

AH....I agree with you that this will be the 1st real test that UC will face, and I hope you are correct about the outcome.
#WHYNOTX?
XavierRunningMan

Postby XavierRunningMan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Does anyone know of any other recruits who will be in attendance?

Any notable alum making the trip home?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”