Shootout - Recruits in stands

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XavierRunningMan

Shootout - Recruits in stands

Postby XavierRunningMan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:17 pm

Per Jeff Goodman on twitter tonight... :lol:

"Purdue hosting Dartmouth two-year grad transfer Evan Boudreaux tonight for Louisville game. The 6-8 Boudreaux, who averaged 17.5 and 9.5 boards last season, told ESPN he will visit Xavier for Cincinnati game and also visit Colorado."
XavierRunningMan

Re: Shootout - Recruits in stands

Postby XavierRunningMan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:17 pm

Anyone know who else we'll have there?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 am

XavierRunningMan wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:17 pm
Per Jeff Goodman on twitter tonight... :lol:

"Purdue hosting Dartmouth two-year grad transfer Evan Boudreaux tonight for Louisville game. The 6-8 Boudreaux, who averaged 17.5 and 9.5 boards last season, told ESPN he will visit Xavier for Cincinnati game and also visit Colorado."
Intelligent young man.
http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArti ... =210461043
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm

He’s not a center, but at least he can seemingly play the post against similarly sized fours. God Bless him, but without another very capable recruit who mans the post, Mr. Walter out of Cov Cath will be Jones backup next year. That, and Mman rifling through his garbage at 3:00 in the morning is what will be keeping CM up at night, unless an expected 6’10” stud takes the wrong bus, and ends up on campus.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Xavier also has an offer out to a 7 footer who is currently playing in Jr. College in Florida, but doesn’t plan to make a decision until the spring
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:12 pm

That that does not excite except for his Staintrain hairline. Sources say Mack is counting on a JC big man, but have to agree we are in trouble on the front court next year after Jones.
jaxalum

Postby jaxalum » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:17 am

skyhops wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:12 pm
That that does not excite except for his Staintrain hairline. Sources say Mack is counting on a JC big man, but have to agree we are in trouble on the front court next year after Jones.
What JC kid in particular? Or is it just going to be a JC kid?
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 pm

The shootout Saturday will be an interesting matchup as it relates to our game in the front court. We got handled down low in last year's game, and i think if my memory is correct both Clark and Washington had double/doubles or should have if Washington didn't struggle from the line. I'd be suprised if this is not the challenge again this year. I think O'mara's a better offensive player at this point, but just can't see him not fouling either of those two. Jones we'll see. I think he fouled out fairly quickly last year. Should be interesting. Likely most experienced and difficult front court we'll see this year in the regular season.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Chris Mack has pointed out at least a few times that the game was lost because of allowing offensive rebounds by UC and because of not doing good job of defensive rebounds by X.

This still concerns me. It’s going to be very important for the wings and guards to get the long rebounds that missed shots by the UC guards will result in. Ty has a whole year more experience than the last shootout and I think that he and SOM will hold their own with Washington and Clark. Gates could end up being the key on the front line, provided he is willing to get down by the lane and battle.
#WHYNOTX?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:34 pm

I believe Chris' concern for O rebounds was mentioned a number of times this year.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”