Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Shucker

Re: Cincinnati Game thread 12/02/2017

Postby Shucker » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:10 pm

Botttom line is the better team won today!
X beat UC at their own game!
X out rebounded them and played better D and wanted the victory more than they did!
The UC coaching staff had no real answer for the X offense!!
On a side note the University of Cincinnati and the AAC should be embarrassed and done with the actions of Mick Cronin.
No coach should every approach any player at any level from another team!! No matter what!!
The actions of ripping of your coat and dropping the f bomb constantly on Camera game after game should be embarrassing to say the least!!
Very unprofessional and a sign of a sore loser!!
Bottom line No Excuses!!
Let's Go X!!
XU80

Postby XU80 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Sweet, how do you spell garbage? AAC for short. Go troll somewhere else, say, UD has a boring Board, try them since you now have lost 8 out of 11 to Xavier. We basically own you guys.

Look at the great AAC with teams like Tulane, Temple, SMU, Memphis, power house ECU and perrenial power UCF and USF. Should make for a great and exciting year. ENJOY while we sell out Cintas and BE play and you play across the river with all those basketball powerhouses.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:05 pm

Wally Szerbiak (sp?) just called Mic Cronin's behavior pathetic. He should be suspended by the AAC, but the commissioner is too busy trying to get their top football team into the prestigious Mango bowl played next Sunday night at 3:00 am, at a local CYO field.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:05 pm
Wally Szerbiak (sp?) just called Mic Cronin's behavior pathetic. He should be suspended by the AAC, but the commissioner is too busy trying to get their top football team into the prestigious Mango bowl played next Sunday night at 3:00 am, at a local CYO field.
Lavin and Marshall both said, after the game when Mick's clip came up about not playing JP, they would play him and they loved his game. A coach making a couple mill a year should have a better handle when it comes to play-coach interactions
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
XavierTragedy

Postby XavierTragedy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:26 am

Solid game by X today. Not perfect, but Mack has plenty to address and he will. Frankly, and selfishly from an RPI standpoint, I wish UC all the best as they take on some more established programs in the coming weeks.

As for Mr. 67, are you kidding me? Program players and better yet, head coaches, would make UC a "target rich" environment when it comes to the integrity test. X was the better team today and I hope the same is true in March 2018. Have a nice life.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:34 am

UC Weasels:

“Although called 'bearcat', this omnivorous mammal is neither related to bears nor cats but to the palm civets of Asia. It is a monotypic genus. Its genus name Arctictis means 'bear-weasel', from Greek arkt- 'bear' + iktis 'weasel'.”
finalfourorbust

Postby finalfourorbust » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:35 am

sweet67 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:22 pm
muskieman wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:01 pm
Of the programs currently in the AAC and Big East....count up their National Titles and Final Fours.
and what league was UConn in when they won. I am proud of AH for schooling you, Shame you take a loss almost as good as your Yellow tooth gnome of a head coach...maybe twins separated at birth?

as for X getting beat up a sucker punch from the blind side on a peacemaker must make you so proud.

He probably has that teardrop tat under is eye
Why didnt X fight back instead of letting their guy get beat up?
Xavier won on the scoreboard where it mattered.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 am

I'm not sure that Dederick's Finns dog can match some of the behavior that has happened the last 30 years in Clifton. I met many UC players in the 90's and they could barely spell UC. I did enjoy seeing Bobby Brennan get turned down by every chic at a party in the 90's when he announced "Bobby Brennan in da house" after he just got back from the tanning booth. Coaches can not go after players. Period.
Gorilla '69

Postby Gorilla '69 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:56 pm
X-lucidity wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:45 pm
Hey Sweet - you sound like one bitter-ass old dude. How are those sour grapes tasting loser. Who the heck cares about Jesuit sex cases - or Dedrick Finn for God's sake. Scoreboard putz. How does seven "L"'s in the last 10 games taste Zippy?? What I am sensing is your disposition has taken a turn for the worse due to a severe anal rash caused by JP'itus.. Take two Advil and call your Dr. in the morning pal.....
The great thing is UC will get throttled again next Saturday. Like their football team, all their "significant wins happen in conference only, because their conference blows. They may squeak 3 teams into the tourney this year, which may move their league ahead of the Mac. Somewhere Curtis Bostic is laughing hysterically (UC insiders know what I'm talking about). Mic will do anything to distract from his horrendous winning percentage against X, UC's Superbowl, and underachievement in the NCAA tourney.

The nice thing is a loss to UC is the same as losing to a middle of the road BE team. It disappoints for a couple of hours, but X plays 8-10 more important games they have to be concerned about. This will eat at Mic for the rest of the year, because they only play 2-3 good teams the rest of the way.
Hey Mickey
Does Curtis Bostic and your ex ring a bell?😿

One of the guys I sat with yesterday was talking to two guys at halftime and they were sitting four rows behind the sUCks bench and were heckling Mickey and he got the police to tell them to quit or be kicked out. What a little girl
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”