Coach Mack's Currious Story

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
nolife

Coach Mack's Currious Story

Postby nolife » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:48 am

Anyone else confused by coach Mack's story about Lance Stephenson calling him the "N" word? Wouldn't that be a compliment from an African American to a Caucasian? Seriously, what an awkward comment. Must have made an impression since it happened 8 years ago and he's still thinking about it. Maybe he shouldn't have shook his hand, because he certainly hasn't put it behind. Any black members out there who care to give their perspective?
Anti-Homer

Re: Coach Mack's Currious Story

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:57 am

nolife wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:48 am
Anyone else confused by coach Mack's story about Lance Stephenson calling him the "N" word? Wouldn't that be a compliment from an African American to a Caucasian? Seriously, what an awkward comment. Must have made an impression since it happened 8 years ago and he's still thinking about it. Maybe he shouldn't have shook his hand, because he certainly hasn't put it behind. Any black members out there who care to give their perspective?
I'll bite on a UC troll, though I'm not an African American. It's called being an adult, and understanding the insults came from a NON-ADULT, and also someone who came from a nefarious background. I think he showed great class, something I hope your coach learns from.

As far as it bothering him because it happened 8 years ago, what makes you think that? To the contrary, he has never brought it up but had to expose the hypocrisy and narcissism of Cronin, who lied to deflect from his own immature behavior for baiting a college kid, as he offered JP. Good luck in the Mango Bowl.

BTW, your moniker is apropos.
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:38 am

I doubt Mack sits around thinking about it. It's a reaction to mick crying like a baby bc a player said something to him. His point was he's a grown man and a coach and doesn't have to sob to the media even though uc players have jawed at him in the past.

Mick is a joke, that's all there is to it.
nolife

Postby nolife » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:53 am

Not a UC troll. I tend to focus on the negative, a personal fault of mine. As far as my moniker, that's an admission that those how invest in and live through sports should have something better to do. Just seemed weird to hear a white guy complain about being called the "N" word. Can't a cracker get a break!
XU80

Postby XU80 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:18 pm

nolife, you missed the point, Mack didn't use peripheral issues last year when we lost, we got our ass kicked. Cronin on the other hand has to find other issues to avoid the fact that he and his team just got beat. It seems like today in our society, it is easier to be the victim and not take accountability for one's own actions.

That is why, Xavier continues to grow and move ahead of the UC Basketball Program and Mick and his supporters keep playing the victim card when things don't go their way. Cudos to Coach Mack and the right environment. We are not perfect at X but certainly woudn't trade places with Clifton.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:17 pm

XU80 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:18 pm
nolife, you missed the point, Mack didn't use peripheral issues last year when we lost, we got our ass kicked. Cronin on the other hand has to find other issues to avoid the fact that he and his team just got beat. It seems like today in our society, it is easier to be the victim and not take accountability for one's own actions.

That is why, Xavier continues to grow and move ahead of the UC Basketball Program and Mick and his supporters keep playing the victim card when things don't go their way. Cudos to Coach Mack and the right environment. We are not perfect at X but certainly woudn't trade places with Clifton.
well said. Hey guys we have to feel sorry for these UC trolls: I mean they are hurting knowing that, what they think is their little brother, has passed them as a program. While they spent money on football, basketball has fallen. Of course, hiring the YTG was their mistake but then Xavier fans relish his continued entertainment. Huggs might have said, well Chuck, I don't know" but Mick gives new meaning to excuse making and the Xavier program is his continuing nightmare. You would think growing up with a dad that was a coach Mick might be a little different but after seeing his father in the stands for years I think it explains Mick "Short" comings. His Napoleon complex goes to extreme when he loses and since Mick has been coach of UC, he has been mad every game at Cintas
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
D West

Postby D West » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:17 pm
XU80 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:18 pm

well said. Hey guys we have to feel sorry for these UC trolls: I mean they are hurting knowing that, what they think is their little brother, has passed them as a program. While they spent money on football, basketball has fallen. Of course, hiring the YTG was their mistake but then Xavier fans relish his continued entertainment. Huggs might have said, well Chuck, I don't know" but Mick gives new meaning to excuse making and the Xavier program is his continuing nightmare. You would think growing up with a dad that was a coach Mick might be a little different but after seeing his father in the stands for years I think it explains Mick "Short" comings. His Napoleon complex goes to extreme when he loses and since Mick has been coach of UC, he has been mad every game at Cintas

Well, the Bearkittens do play in a nice arena this year so they got that going for them.....................

I almost feel sorry for the Bearcat fans who have to look at Mick on the sidelines as their leader of the basketball program. Lord, that can't feel good. " Hugs, when you coming back!!! "

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”