Watching the replay of the shootout now

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Watching the replay of the shootout now

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Shame they cycled ahead for time reason but it was so much fun watching the bearcat heads hand low and the men from X soaring. Tre bring ball up late in game something the press from uc could not stop except to foul. watching the play of the game from gates, which I mentioned on the game thread, and how hard he worked on the boards. Tre 5-10 from beyond arc. 50% from field and money from the line by Tre and Q at the end. Announcer saying the "guys on the Cincinnati bench knows what 's coming". 89 points off the "defense" of Cincinnati, most points scored on them this season. The fans chanting the soccer chant with 14 seconds left.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
MOSQUETERO

Re: Watching the replay of the shootout now

Postby MOSQUETERO » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:31 pm
Shame they cycled ahead for time reason but it was so much fun watching the bearcat heads hand low and the men from X soaring. Tre bring ball up late in game something the press from uc could not stop except to foul. watching the play of the game from gates, which I mentioned on the game thread, and how hard he worked on the boards. Tre 5-10 from beyond arc. 50% from field and money from the line by Tre and Q at the end. Announcer saying the "guys on the Cincinnati bench knows what 's coming". 89 points off the "defense" of Cincinnati, most points scored on them this season. The fans chanting the soccer chant with 14 seconds left.
Actually, there were 3 soccer chants employed. The first being "I believe that we will win...I believe that we will win".
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

the other two?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:17 pm

Bear with me Ed. I was hitting it hard upstairs at the Norwood Cafe. BTW, Pepsi is a terrible mixer. Sucks they no longer have Coke.
PaulHickey

Postby PaulHickey » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Great game - to add a little sugar to the mix - I'm watching Dayton getting absolutely crushed by a mediocre Mississippi State squad.

Go Xavier!
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 pm

PaulHickey wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:09 pm
Great game - to add a little sugar to the mix - I'm watching Dayton getting absolutely crushed by a mediocre Mississippi State squad.

Go Xavier!
I thought I've seen every which way of losing a game possible. This was new to me. Score is tied at 59 and there are 40 something seconds left. You take a shot and miss but get the rebound with 20 something seconds left. You turn the ball over with a little less than 6 seconds left. Opponent runs down the court and scores with .08 seconds left. 61-59. Game. That was brutal...if you were a ud fan.
Gorilla '69

Postby Gorilla '69 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:43 pm

MOSQUETERO wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:17 pm
Bear with me Ed. I was hitting it hard upstairs at the Norwood Cafe. BTW, Pepsi is a terrible mixer. Sucks they no longer have Coke.
Serves you right for mixing anything with Coke or Pepsi. That carbonation will give you a hangover.
On the rocks, buddy!
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Gorilla '69 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:43 pm
MOSQUETERO wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:17 pm
Serves you right for mixing anything with Coke or Pepsi. That carbonation will give you a hangover.
On the rocks, buddy!
Gorilla, If I were drinking Maker's or Woodford Reserve I would've tried it on the rocks but my drink of choice was Kentucky Tavern so on the rocks may have been hard to fathom. I was pacing. I thought I did well. :)

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”