Mick Cronin

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
brockman231

Mick Cronin

Postby brockman231 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Looking at the Enquirer on line. I have not seen anything critical of The UC Coach's actions. Someone on here said it best, a 46 year old man making $2mil a year can't control himself (or something of that nature) . He really isn't going to face any repercussions?
Anti-Homer

Re: Mick Cronin

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:27 pm

brockman231 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 pm
Looking at the Enquirer online. I have not seen anything critical of The UC Coach's actions. Someone on here said it best, a 46 year old man making $2mil a year can't control himself (or something of that nature) . He really isn't going to face any repercussions?
At least some of the Nat'l media is calling him out. Speaking of which, I've written 5 comments to articles about the game (using a pseudonym), calling out Pat Brennan in particular, re: his lack of integrity and cowardice for not challenging Mick on his actions. I invite my fellow Muskie fans to do the same. Mick always seems to get a pass. Need to go on the offensive.
Theology73

Postby Theology73 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Why dignify his sophomoric actions with attention? Just realize he's an overpaid hypocritical pompous ass and move on. Why lower yourselves to his level?
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:45 pm

AH, i agree that he should get called out, which he has by many, but i'm guessing that nothing will happen to him through UC. and you know what, that's fine with me.

why should we care? i don't need to waste another minute of my life thinking about UC or Cronin.

let him coach there as long as he wants. better chance for X to win the shootout as long as he's there.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:53 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:45 pm
AH, i agree that he should get called out, which he has by many, but i'm guessing that nothing will happen to him through UC. and you know what, that's fine with me.

why should we care? I don't need to waste another minute of my life thinking about UC or Cronin.

let him coach there as long as he wants. better chance for X to win the shootout as long as he's there.
Three reasons:

XU took a beating by the media after the brawl, which wasn't completely undeserved. However, they went soft on Gates and Mooj.

Secondly, CM's credibility and integrity were questioned by Brennan, when he inferred that CM may have manufactured the story about LS. Rick Broering cleared that up with a tweet.

Lastly, JP may be a little mouthy, but so are some UC players like Cumberland. He is being painted as a villain, b/c the other coach acted like an ass and responded in kind. It's futile to complain about the narrative if we don't do anything about it. I'm getting A LOT of angry messages sent my way, so I'm getting the desired effect.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:56 pm

i understand all those points.

i guess the one thing i wish would've happened with CM and his response would have been to NOT have brought up the LS narrative/story at all. there was no need to, although i see how he was using it to compare and prove a point. however, just take the high road, say we are going to talk about the game, and move on.

otherwise, i agreed with everything he said.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:53 pm
longliveskip wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:45 pm

why should we care? I don't need to waste another minute of my life thinking about UC or Cronin.

Three reasons:

XU took a beating by the media after the brawl, which wasn't completely undeserved. However, they went soft on Gates and Mooj.

Secondly, CM's credibility and integrity were questioned by Brennan, when he inferred that CM may have manufactured the story about LS. Rick Broering cleared that up with a tweet.

Lastly, JP may be a little mouthy, but so are some UC players like Cumberland. He is being painted as a villain, b/c the other coach acted like an ass and responded in kind. It's futile to complain about the narrative if we don't do anything about it. I'm getting A LOT of angry messages sent my way, so I'm getting the desired effect.
I don't think about uc normally but Ah is right and the media in this town has long supported Huggs and Mick when they make foolish mistakes. Keep on them AH
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”