Providence Game thread 01/06/18

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Providence Game thread 01/06/18

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 pm

skyhops wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:05 pm
X-luc. Good points for sure. We have options for Gates if he is going play like he went thru AH’s stashe. Both Naji and Kanter are both viable options. I do know from sources that Mack and Steele wil both be at Flyin to the Hoop on Friday to watch Findlay Prep play, which has nothing to do with this thread.
"We have options for Gates if he is going play like he went thru AH’s stashe".

Don't blame me. M-man and I took Gates out to Burger King for lunch, and I saw my mentor hand Gates a funny looking cigarette, which he later confided was hippie lettuce. I asked Mman why he had it, and he said it was for medicinal reasons; his glaucoma. However, later I realized his explanation doesn't hold, because Mary Jane is used to alleviate pain, and Mman has 2 glass eyes.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:28 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 pm
skyhops wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:05 pm
X-luc. Good points for sure. We have options for Gates if he is going play like he went thru AH’s stashe. Both Naji and Kanter are both viable options. I do know from sources that Mack and Steele wil both be at Flyin to the Hoop on Friday to watch Findlay Prep play, which has nothing to do with this thread.
"We have options for Gates if he is going play like he went thru AH’s stashe".

Don't blame me. M-man and I took Gates out to Burger King for lunch, and I saw my mentor hand Gates a funny looking cigarette, which he later confided was hippie lettuce. I asked Mman why he had it, and he said it was for medicinal reasons; his glaucoma. However, later I realized his explanation doesn't hold, because Mary Jane is used to alleviate pain, and Mman has 2 glass eyes.
the hallucinations are still one of AH's biggest problem as he tries to break with his demons
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:18 pm

thecoach wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:00 pm
We've been playing from behind a lot this year, and eventually that will catch up with you particularly on the road against teams who play you regularly. The margin for error is not as big as a lot think. They'll go as far as Tb's shot. The cover article that X was "shocked" is a little bewildering. This won't be the last road game this team loses to an unranked team.
Little different coming from behind form the likes of East Tennessee St and even DePaul, especially when you are at home.
PC may not have been ranked but they are a solid team.
In fact, they are the only other team besides Nova to have a winning record in each of the 1st 4 seasons of the new BE.
X's road record in 4 years of BE play is 16-20. Best year was 16 when they went 6-3 on the road. Not sure this team is as good as the 16 team but still think that they can go 5-4 on the road which means likely losses to the current ranked teams - Nova, SH and CU. Still have Gtown, SJU, DePaul and Butler on the road. The 1st 3 will be most certainly unranked when they play
X. Could they lose to another unranked team on the road - certainly possible but hoping not.
I do think the gap between the top teams and the bottom in the BE has narrowed - witness SJU @ Creighton, DePaul @ X, SJU @ SH.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”