What is Trevon's problem?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Pierre Dracot

What is Trevon's problem?

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm

It seems obvious to me that his shoulder is bothering him. Hard to see it getting better without rest.
xu koop scoop

Re: What is Trevon's problem?

Postby xu koop scoop » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Shoulder & other ailments. Agree he needs a rest. Time for Naji & Kanter to step up while he sits a couple games. The physical ailments eventually cause mental ailments with the game too. Look how his missing a few last year spurred him in the NCAA Tourney.
Biggernlife

Postby Biggernlife » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:13 pm

Just as an observer, he has an issue with that shoulder which prohibits his normal range of motion. His shots have been short routinely from ranges where he normally hits them. Additionally, look at where his right elbow is on his outside shots. His elbow is far out to the right where most good shooters have their elbow tucked in under the ball as they shoot. This, Tre used to do routinely. Not anymore. Having said this he isn't making any excuses. He is giving 125% and trying to overcome what I believe is a difficult situation both for him and the team. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. ....Bigger
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Biggernlife wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:13 pm
Just as an observer, he has an issue with that shoulder which prohibits his normal range of motion. His shots have been short routinely from ranges where he normally hits them. Additionally, look at where his right elbow is on his outside shots. His elbow is far out to the right where most good shooters have their elbow tucked in under the ball as they shoot. This, Tre used to do routinely. Not anymore. Having said this he isn't making any excuses. He is giving 125% and trying to overcome what I believe is a difficult situation both for him and the team. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. ....Bigger
Don’t disagree with the effort. He gives it all, but it sure would be nice to have him at full tilt. I admire his loyalty. Other teams must notice he is hampered so it is easier for them to shut him down. Shoulders are hard to heal - Ask Andrew Luck.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 pm

He also may be taking a number of different options medically that tend to give good results up front, but are really temporary fixes and their effectiveness lessons with repeated use and time. As is said, shoulders are tricky. He may need to shut it down at some point if he wants to be effective in March.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”