Kerem Kanter

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
mumuskie87

Re: Kerem Kanter

Postby mumuskie87 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 pm
I liked the transfer despite knowing nothing about Kantner, except for the fact that apparently Kansas and Michigan (or other comparable schools) were looking at him. He is so much more than a stretch 3. I can't believe he wasn't a 20-10 guy at Wisc GB. His defense and rebounding have been a pleasant surprise as well.

X has done as well as about any program in the country with transfers with guys like Myles, Lavender, Thornton, Anderson, Tu, JC, Stainbrook, Bernard, and now Kantner, among others. Hopefully, the Dartmouth kid (Boudreaux?) falls in the same line. I think he will. The last piece needed is a sharpshooting 2 guard.
Definitely need another shooter for next year. Hopefully Hardin will stay with the program and add some outside shooting. But still need a veteran guy like a Rossey or the kid from DePaul as examples.
Some another solid transfers - Philmore, Travis Taylor and one of my favorites - Jemel McLean.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:58 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
I liked the transfer despite knowing nothing about Kantner, except for the fact that apparently Kansas and Michigan (or other comparable schools) were looking at him. He is so much more than a stretch 3. I can't believe he wasn't a 20-10 guy at Wisc GB. His defense and rebounding have been a pleasant surprise as well.

X has done as well as about any program in the country with transfers with guys like Myles, Lavender, Thornton, Anderson, Tu, JC, Stainbrook, Bernard, and now Kantner, among others. Hopefully, the Dartmouth kid (Boudreaux?) falls in the same line. I think he will. The last piece needed is a sharpshooting 2 guard.
Definitely need another shooter for next year. Hopefully Hardin will stay with the program and add some outside shooting. But still need a veteran guy like a Rossey or the kid from DePaul as examples.
Some another solid transfers - Philmore, Travis Taylor and one of my favorites - Jemel McLean.
Please tell me you haven't heard rumors of Hardin possibly leaving. I've seen him shoot several times this year before games, and he has a nice deep stroke, like Myles Davis. Obviously, he made them during warmups, but that's a prerequisite to making them in games.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 pm
mumuskie87 wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:

Please tell me you haven't heard rumors of Hardin possibly leaving. I've seen him shoot several times this year before games, and he has a nice deep stroke, like Myles Davis. Obviously, he made them during warmups, but that's a prerequisite to making them in games.
Q and Jones also makes threes before games and in practice and they do it at a decent rate but till now that has not translated to the game, although Q showed signs a couple times last game.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:50 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:38 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
mumuskie87 wrote:

Q and Jones also makes threes before games and in practice and they do it at a decent rate but till now that has not translated to the game, although Q showed signs a couple times last game.
Wow,

Now that' s a logical extension. I saw some of the walk-ons make 3's as well, so if Hardin leaves, no worries, we're obviously covered. Another nonsensical post like this and you will be put on probation as being one of my board mentors.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:58 pm

I didn't say that I was commenting on your comment that Harden makes shots before games as if others don't make shots. Hardin appears to be the project player and X doesn't have the time, at present, to work on his game. I'd love to see the game slow down for him and the light would go on because his shot is nice and smooth but he has not found his place on this team at this time.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Jones shooting 3’s? Stay out of AH’s stash Muskieman! I hope Harden stays as well because he will have a great opportunity. Word on the street is he is not the hardest worker but getting better.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 pm

and if Q and jones can find there shots, in games, then they will fill a nice role as scorers the next few years. Your logic that hardin has a nice shot in pre game and therefore will do it in games has not shown to be any truer than my comment about Q and Jones. The difference is Q and jones have contributed while Hardin has not. I like hardin and hope the light comes on for him because he has a lot of tools. Fans are tough on Jones but Jones had not played PG until he came to X so I give him more allowance than you have because I see a lot of Q in Jones and as we know antsy anti Q was the whipping dog last year after he took control but before that he was the unknown on the bench that should replace this or that player that was having a down game....something you resemble as an antsy fan.

Sky everyone know you cannot get into Antsy Anti's stash because he has no stash as he a moocher off yours and woods stash ... and like he is a mean drunk he is also a mean moocher
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Jeff Massey and Pete Sears were pretty good transfers, too.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:

No rumors. No sources like Hops. ;)
Just concerned since he has 5 straight DNP's-CD and has yet to play a minute in BE conference play.
Have "lost" 2 recruits in the 17 class already - Big K and Ridder. Hope X doesn't lose another.
Agree..seems to have a decent shot from watching pregame. Of course, Adrian Graves was supposedly one of the best shooters in practice. But was never able to translate to game conditions.
Hope Hardin hangs in there and becomes a contributor next year.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”