Kerem Kanter

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
gundun

Kerem Kanter

Postby gundun » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Does anyone want to admit that they were preseason doubters when CM signed Kerem Kanter?
bluegrass

Re: Kerem Kanter

Postby bluegrass » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:47 pm

I thought it was a good signing and he's been better than i would have thought. We don't miss Ernst at all. Hope we get someone like him for next year.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Chris has not missed that often on transfers. He might not get all he wants but the ones he get have contributed.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 pm

i was skeptical after the first 4-5 games. then he started to get comfortable/confident in the system and his role and has looked great. hope he keeps it up.
rickf

Postby rickf » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 am

No. He should play at least 20 mins a game the rest of the season,
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:06 am

Wish they would play 2 of the 3 bigs together a little more often. Kanter & SOM, Kanter & Jones, SOM & Jones. They do some of this as the 3 avg 47 MPG. They probably don't do more cause Gates is needed on D, but it seems Jones is also very good on D.
Biggernlife

Postby Biggernlife » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:48 am

XU Koop Scoop...

I totally agree and have often wondered the same. In the last game when their big got in foul trouble I could've pictured SOM and Kanter having their way on the inside until they were forced to bring the foul troubled player back in. Or Jones for that matter. Did you ever notice, by the way, the degree of difficulty our point guards seem to have getting the ball into the post???? Whats up with that. Yet Bluitt and Macura seem to do it with ease. .................Bigger
DannyV76

Postby DannyV76 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 pm

I think the one surprise for me on Kanter is his rebounding and his inside moves. He's a lot more "rugged" underneath than I was expecting.
A wonderful addition and a key piece to the puzzle.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Ever since the UC game, Kanter has been X's best big from a scoring and rebounding standpoint.
His last 10 games he has averaged 11.5 PPG and 7 rebounds and has shot 48% from 3 - 10-21.
And that is with just averaging 17 minutes as game for those 10 games.
Don't think he is a NBA player but he is going to make a nice living playing overseas.
Interesting but he is only the 3rd 5th year senior that X has picked up since Mack has been the coach.
Andre Walker from Vandy and Malcolm Bernard last year.
Both were solid role players but I think Kanter will be the best of the bunch at this point.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 pm

I liked the transfer despite knowing nothing about Kantner, except for the fact that apparently Kansas and Michigan (or other comparable schools) were looking at him. He is so much more than a stretch 3. I can't believe he wasn't a 20-10 guy at Wisc GB. His defense and rebounding have been a pleasant surprise as well.

X has done as well as about any program in the country with transfers with guys like Myles, Lavender, Thornton, Anderson, Tu, JC, Stainbrook, Bernard, and now Kantner, among others. Hopefully, the Dartmouth kid (Boudreaux?) falls in the same line. I think he will. The last piece needed is a sharpshooting 2 guard.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”