Villanova Game thread 01/10/2018

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
xu koop scoop

Re: Villanova Game thread 01/10/2018

Postby xu koop scoop » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 am

Old song says, "You got to Accentuate the Positive, Eliminate the Negative". NOVA is the one team we just can't seem to do that with. No matter how many times we try. BLOWN OUT OF THE GYM EVERY TIME. But freedom of speech allows those on this board to speak of the Negatives, so we're not controlled by MSM. Small positive: Our Seniors have a chance to go 2-2 vs Nova at home. NOVA is our demon, yet they find many demons come Tourney Time. I believe since CM became coach we have a better overall W-L Record in the Tourney than NOVA. Their Championship was good for the BE. CM does manage to let us watch XU 3 or more games frequently in the Tourney, while NOVA fans have no team left to root for.
olsingledigit

Re: Villanova Game thread 01/10/2018

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:02 pm

madness31 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:17 pm
Winning the 2nd most or even the most games is not the same as being the best coach. Mack is not even close to being a good coach. He is a good recruiter but he has no idea how to coach defense. His offensive sets are lacking and he doesn't even do a great job of getting the most out of his players.

The basketball community sees wins and tournament appearances and that is enough to validate him as a coach. In reality his coaching ability is very modest. He has brought a lot of talent here and he gets out of the way of his star players. That is the bulk of his coaching.
Sorry, I cannot agree with your assessment of his coaching. It just happens that Nova is simply a major nemesis. I do agree that Jay wright regularly out coaches him, but most others do not IMHO.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”