OHIO to have 3 in the top 10 college basketball polls soon???

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
bluegrass

Re: OHIO to have 3 in the top 10 college basketball polls soon???

Postby bluegrass » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:34 pm
huh who said we can beat anyone in the country??? we have 3 losses and 2 of them were beatings not just losses. Let us be real.....X is very good not invincible.
You don't think we are capable of beating any team in the country? Maybe Villanova would be the one team I'm not sure of since they seem to have our number but other than that,we certainly could.I like to think the players and coaches think they beat any team they play
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:40 pm

bluegrass wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:47 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
huh who said we can beat anyone in the country??? we have 3 losses and 2 of them were beatings not just losses. Let us be real.....X is very good not invincible.
You don't think we are capable of beating any team in the country? Maybe Villanova would be the one team I'm not sure of since they seem to have our number but other than that,we certainly could.I like to think the players and coaches think they beat any team they play
Agreed. I think Nova's dominance is more psychological with the players and coaches, not a talent disparity. The latter is underscored even further with Nova missing Boothe.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
this year no one is invincible
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:48 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
As usual,

I agree with my mentor. I also think X's frontcourt is as good as anyone's in the country. Additionally, If Marshall and Scruggs continue to give not just serviceable, but quality minutes (in fairness Marshall has all year; Scruggs started 5 games ago -- similar to Goodin's trajectory last year) X can match anybody else's nine in the country.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm

2-12-2018 one poll 3 of top 8 and the other poll is 3 of the top 9 are all from OHIO.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:48 pm
muskieman wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
As usual,

I agree with my mentor. I also think X's frontcourt is as good as anyone's in the country. Additionally, If Marshall and Scruggs continue to give not just serviceable, but quality minutes (in fairness Marshall has all year; Scruggs started 5 games ago -- similar to Goodin's trajectory last year) X can match anybody else's nine in the country.
I think Ah is right it not how good your starting five is but how good is your bench and starting 5. I have said over the years that the good teams do not see a big fall off of any fall off when they bring in the subs. Sure their are guys that play 40 minutes, freaks in today's game but most teams need that bench to be as productive. They say instant O off the bench or instant d but what I want is not drop off. Conrgats to AH there is hope for you
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”