Who had the best week?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
tirebyter

Who had the best week?

Postby tirebyter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:12 pm

St. John? Xavier? I was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to Wednesdsy.
"There is no reason to doubt these Musketeers. Ever." Eamonn Brennan
X-Expert

Re: Who had the best week?

Postby X-Expert » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:54 pm

tirebyter wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:12 pm
Not even close-St Johns. X had a great week having two quality wins on the road. St johns winning at Nova as the #1 all around team in the country in every category, not to mention that Nova crushed X this year. I would say X had the 3rd best week behind Ohio State. OSU winning at Purdue is impressive. Having said that, X had the 3rd best week. Winning two road wins vs top 50 teams in conference is huge-especially at Creighton. mark my words, somehow UC will be in X's bracket.
oldhoopster2

Postby oldhoopster2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:09 pm

I for one hope UC is in a different bracket. They like to throw teams together like that. Sean vs Thad, Chris vs Sean. Don’t care for the forced matchups but I’m sure it’s all about the money and the build up. Don’t like matching up rivals and don’t like revenge games when X won the first round 🙂
madness31

Postby madness31 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:16 am

SJU definitely had the best week. Not sure I'd say OSU had a better week than X but definitely both had great weeks.

I don't think UC and X will be matched up in the same bracket. The teams play each other every year so I doubt it will be a forced match-up. More likely OSU will be matched with either UC or X. The other Ohio team would either be scheduled as a final 4 match-up or a finals game.

X might be forced to play a team with fast guards to see if we have fixed our weakness.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:28 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:54 pm
tirebyter wrote:
Not even close-St Johns. X had a great week having two quality wins on the road. St johns winning at Nova as the #1 all around team in the country in every category, not to mention that Nova crushed X this year. I would say X had the 3rd best week behind Ohio State. OSU winning at Purdue is impressive. Having said that, X had the 3rd best week. Winning two road wins vs top 50 teams in conference is huge-especially at Creighton. mark my words, somehow UC will be in X's bracket.
Expert,

Disagree. I think they tend to like to pit coaches of former teams together (X-AZ), and teams who didn't play in the regular season but who should be rivals due to geography (eg. Missouri vs Kansas, X or UC vs OSU). You never see teams like Louisville and UK, Fla-Fla St, and other rivalry games played during the season, in the same bracket typically.

I didn't research it, so could be wrong, but you'd have a hard time convincing some of my most loyal supporters like Muskienick
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:28 pm
X-Expert wrote:
tirebyter wrote:
Expert,

Disagree. I think they tend to like to pit coaches of former teams together (X-AZ), and teams who didn't play in the regular season but who should be rivals due to geography (eg. Missouri vs Kansas, X or UC vs OSU). You never see teams like Louisville and UK, Fla-Fla St, and other rivalry games played during the season, in the same bracket typically.

I didn't research it, so could be wrong, but you'd have a hard time convincing some of my most loyal supporters like Muskienick
three threads and three apologies by AH for being mistaken...I guess you can count him out of "who had the best week tourney"
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
X-Expert wrote:

Expert,

three threads and three apologies by AH for being mistaken...I guess you can count him out of "who had the best week tourney"
I’m no one trick pony, like Hannity or Maddow. It is what makes me the most beloved poster on this board.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am
Anti-Homer wrote:

Expert,

I’m no one trick pony, like Hannity or Maddow. It is what makes me the most beloved poster on this board.
Heard that you and Radical madcow are a thing. Never said you are a pony but close. as far a beloved skyhops has you beat ;)
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”