NCAA March Madness bracket preview

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: NCAA March Madness bracket preview

Postby muskieman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:12 pm

I wonder where the loser of the Nova v X game end up as a seed. I UVA and Duke were on the 1 line my bet is both would stay #1. X needs to beat SH in the season, in the post season possibly twice if brackets hold up...that is a tall order. Nice to see X get props....YOU HEAR?SEE THAT RECRUITS.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:48 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:12 pm
I wonder where the loser of the Nova v X game end up as a seed. I UVA and Duke were on the 1 line my bet is both would stay #1. X needs to beat SH in the season, in the post season possibly twice if brackets hold up...that is a tall order. Nice to see X get props....YOU HEAR?SEE THAT RECRUITS.

X falls to a solid 2 seed with a loss, and Nova probably becomes the last no 1 seed. Losing to a top 3 opponent at their place hasn't hurt other elite teams when it happened to them, so it shouldn't affect Nova much either.

What separates this X team from previous years is the number of top 50 wins they have on the road. They already have 3 w/wins against Butler, SH, & Creighton. They also have a win against a top 10 team in UC, and soon to be two.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:58 pm
They have X playing Florida Gulf Coast.

Seton Hall is this bracket

6 BE teams - sounds about right as Marquette has played themselves out of the tournament over the past few weeks.
So much will change. X will not stay as the 3rd 1. They will either move up or down depending on the Nova game and Nova is the same. However, if X plays Florida Gulf Coast, we will see Brady Ernst.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”