another reason to be thankful for Chris Mack

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: another reason to be thankful for Chris Mack

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:25 pm

His achievement is the living embodiment of the phrase "low bar." He has only beaten two sure fire tourney teams and has maybe 2-3 top 50 teams. His 4 tourney wins in 12 years speaks for himself. He consistently loses in the Dance to lower seeds. He has a very good team this year. Even he should be able to find his way at least to the SW 16. Then again, We are talking about Mick.
skyking

Postby skyking » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:04 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:25 pm
His achievement is the living embodiment of the phrase "low bar." He has only beaten two sure fire tourney teams and has maybe 2-3 top 50 teams. His 4 tourney wins in 12 years speaks for himself. He consistently loses in the Dance to lower seeds. He has a very good team this year. Even he should be able to find his way at least to the SW 16. Then again, We are talking about Mick.
Sounds like a "Coach of the year"
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 am

It's Coach of the Year for Mid Major Programs.
Got to read the fine print.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Not a UC Basher. True, Mick has generally failed in March while Mack & others at XU have bunches of Sweet 16s & Elite 8s.
I will give credit to Mick for winning Conference Tourney & wish them luck in the tourney. Will root against them if they
play any Big East teams & may root against them if they play A10 schools out of respect to our old league. I don't like bashing, but one school I will bash is UK - nuff said.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”