What's the late breaking news?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Pierre Dracot

What's the late breaking news?

Postby Pierre Dracot » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:24 pm

FS1 just teased "Late Breaking News" regarding the end of Xavier-SJU. Anyone know what it's about?
Shadow

Re: What's the late breaking news?

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Stay tuned. Don't like where this may lead.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:56 pm

St Johns players tried to get in locker room. Mullin was asked if he thought X ran up the score and another question. He didn't answer the "running up the score" question. In hindsight, X didn't need a step back 3 and a dunk in the final 35 seconds with a 20 point lead but is what it is. Hopefully, no punishment on X side for fight. Sounds like St Johns was trying to get into X locker room so that's good.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:01 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:56 pm
St Johns players tried to get in locker room. Mullin was asked if he thought X ran up the score and another question. He didn't answer the "running up the score" question. In hindsight, X didn't need a step back 3 and a dunk in the final 35 seconds with a 20 point lead but is what it is. Hopefully, no punishment on X side for fight. Sounds like St Johns was trying to get into X locker room so that's good.
if X could have run out the clock I would agree but to top playing because you have a lead is foolish
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Supposedly Coach Mack yelled to Scruggs - "no shots" when X had the ball with about 30 seconds left and 20 or so left on the shot clock.
At least that is what Kutcher said on the air and I thought I heard the same watching on TV.
Big Sean got about 3 dunks in the last couple of minutes of play.
Last edited by mumuskie87 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:07 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:01 pm
X-Expert wrote:
if X could have run out the clock I would agree but to top playing because you have a lead is foolish
Not sure what you mean. In the last minute Mack was clearly heard telling the team "No shots," whereupon they ran a play resulting in a dunk by O'Mara. Indefensible.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:14 pm

muskieman wrote:
X-Expert wrote:
I understand but inside 30 seconds and a 23 point lead is pretty safe
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:15 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:14 pm
muskieman wrote:
X-Expert wrote:
I understand but inside 30 seconds and a 23 point lead is pretty safe
Like at end of football game if you are ahead by 2 touchdowns and 40 seconds left, you are kneeling-not running a play-just my opinion. Bad way to end. However don't think Mack was pushing them to shoot -players did. Mack was yelling no shots
Shucker

Postby Shucker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:24 pm

X-Expert wrote:
First off if you saw what was on camera at the end of the game lets be clear this was not a fight!
There were a few heated exchanges and words exchanged and then the coaches were stepping in to keep the players separated and get them off the floor and to the locker room.
I do believe that this is spilled over emotions from the game!
This happens when people are driven and competitive!
Also yes I do believe you could hear on TV that Chris said no shots at the end of the game!
What are the players suppose to do when you get the ball thrown to you under the basket as the shot clock is expiring. Put the ball on the floor and go play defense? I don't think so this is D1 sports and do you think that St'Johns would not have tried to score a basket if they got the ball back with any time at all on the clock?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”