Silver Lining in this Cloud

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Sonoma Muskie

Silver Lining in this Cloud

Postby Sonoma Muskie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:15 am

The Silver Lining in the dark cloud of yesterday’s disappointing loss to Providence is that the 96 Xavier team has learned the bitter lesson that they cannot let up against their opponents until the final buzzer sounds with a Muskie win.
Loyal Xavier fans do not desert the team like rats jumping off @ sinking ship.
The rededicated Musketeers will come out fighting even harder for a long run in the NCAA!
Xavier2005

Re: Silver Lining in this Cloud

Postby Xavier2005 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 pm

In your dreams..lol. Learned a lesson???? Doubt it. They won a ton of games this year by 6 points or less...no lesson learned to win big or win early...just hey let's wait till the last minutes to win. Lesson learned....Villanova and Providence both 2-0 against X...no lesson learned from the first loss, so let's lose again and see what we learn. X has had a great regular season and also a BE Championship....all that is great. But everyone is starting a do or die tournament...there is no tomorrow for the losers...it is 1 loss and out, no matter how good they are. X was celebrating and acting cocky during the first 10 minutes of the game against Providence....after that Providence took over the game....the game is not over till the fat lady sings, but X was celebrating 10 minutes from the beginning of the game. No lesson learned.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 pm
In your dreams..lol. Learned a lesson???? Doubt it. They won a ton of games this year by 6 points or less...no lesson learned to win big or win early...just hey let's wait till the last minutes to win. Lesson learned....Villanova and Providence both 2-0 against X...no lesson learned from the first loss, so let's lose again and see what we learn. X has had a great regular season and also a BE Championship....all that is great. But everyone is starting a do or die tournament...there is no tomorrow for the losers...it is 1 loss and out, no matter how good they are. X was celebrating and acting cocky during the first 10 minutes of the game against Providence....after that Providence took over the game....the game is not over till the fat lady sings, but X was celebrating 10 minutes from the beginning of the game. No lesson learned.
I guess you missed that win at Cintas against PU, Ron. so PU is not 2-0 against X. Don't be so sour about the guys and take out your frustration of osu's failure in their tournament on them
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:56 pm

you are correct ...for once/lol...X is 2-1 against Providence...but they still lost twice to two different BE teams this year. So did not learn much from losing.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:56 pm
you are correct ...for once/lol...X is 2-1 against Providence...but they still lost twice to two different BE teams this year. So did not learn much from losing.
ROn, ROn, ROn lost of team lose twice in one year ask Butler, Creighton, Seton Hall. Get over yourself or maybe you never messed up in your life!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”