Former X coach

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: Former X coach

Postby X-lucidity » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:36 pm

as others have alluded to, we may have bigger fish to fry aside from speculating about Georgia. Heard this morning on some Nat sports radio show where J. Goodman was interviewed. After bracket talk they went over the impending coaching carousel this off season. Jeff still predicting Mack to The Ville. Now sure, we go through this every season and have for decades seemingly. I personally believe Mack will pass but would not shock me. Unfortunately Goodman is pretty damn good at his job.... So hope he is wrong here.
At the end of the day - what the hell can ya do aside from rooting hard for the young men on the court representing our beloved Xavier
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:03 pm

AH, trying sending via fax I heard that is the latest and greatest. Hope the best for Thad. I met him at a b-ball tourney and he was a really good guy, funny, and nice to Hops Jr. As far as Mack to the Ville, I hope the rumors are not correct or we or MM will have to start a man crush on Travis Steele.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:03 pm
AH, trying sending via fax I heard that is the latest and greatest. Hope the best for Thad. I met him at a b-ball tourney and he was a really good guy, funny, and nice to Hops Jr. As far as Mack to the Ville, I hope the rumors are not correct or we or MM will have to start a man crush on Travis Steele.
Travis Steele
Danny Hurley
St Bonnies coach

i would think are all on the short list-just not Pat Kelsey
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:01 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:36 pm
as others have alluded to, we may have bigger fish to fry aside from speculating about Georgia. Heard this morning on some Nat sports radio show where J. Goodman was interviewed. After bracket talk they went over the impending coaching carousel this off season. Jeff still predicting Mack to The Ville. Now sure, we go through this every season and have for decades seemingly. I personally believe Mack will pass but would not shock me. Unfortunately Goodman is pretty damn good at his job.... So hope he is wrong here.
At the end of the day - what the hell can ya do aside from rooting hard for the young men on the court representing our beloved Xavier
IF the ville get's the death penalty Mack is not going there so if anyone has some good dirt on the ville get it to the NCAA as quick as you can.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:20 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 pm
skyhops wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:03 pm
Travis Steele
Danny Hurley
St Bonnies coach

i would think are all on the short list-just not Pat Kelsey
I like Mark Schmidt due to his ties to X, but no way should he jump either TS or DH. DH is one of the few external candidates X may be able to attract IF/WHEN CM leaves, Nevada's coach has done well, and also has NBA coaching experience. However, he is a WC guy.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:30 pm

They are not going to get the death penalty. An early X and Mack will be gone according to many. Hope that isn’t the case since Ice is now my dawg.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:19 pm

If Mack goes, i would be very surprised if it is not Travis Steele. Missouri State now want to interview him so lets see what happens there. I wouldn't mind Danny Hurley especially if he took Jermaine Harris (I believe thats his name) with him. Thats the big who chose RI over X
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm

X-pert,
I think Mack would be the guy since he is associate head coach. Worked out well with Mack and Miller plus Steele has been responsible for most of the recruiting. Nice to see Schmidt having success too
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm
X-pert,
I think Mack would be the guy since he is associate head coach. Worked out well with Mack and Miller plus Steele has been responsible for most of the recruiting. Nice to see Schmidt having success too
i would be good with that. i was not a huge fan of Mack when he started because he had no experience. Miller didn't either and both did extremely well. I hold out hope that Mack stays but i think X would be in good hands with Steele. He is involved with several 2019 recruits already in the top 100.
Xlegacy

Postby Xlegacy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:35 pm

Matta/Miller= Carpet baggers

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”