Will Muskies and Cats root for each other in Nashville?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
VeroMuskie

Will Muskies and Cats root for each other in Nashville?

Postby VeroMuskie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 am

My guess is probably not, but we can hope!
kyzrex

Re: Will Muskies and Cats root for each other in Nashville?

Postby kyzrex » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:19 am

My guess is that the UC fans that actually are at the X game on Friday evening WILL root for X. Those that wouldn’t root for X will not even go to the Friday evening session. Sunday? Who knows?
#WHYNOTX?
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 am

i hope both schools pull for each other. not sure how many X fans will buy the session that UC is in and vice versa, but if you're gonna spend the money to see other games, then root for the school that's in your hometown, please.

enough of the hate. my hope is we play each other in the FF.

let's go X!
finalfourorbust

Postby finalfourorbust » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Not a chance for me as long as Mick's the coach.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:12 pm

finalfourorbust wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:09 pm
Not a chance for me as long as Mick's the coach.
Ditto this.
Never ever will I root for a Mick coached team.
It's not hate but just an intense dislike.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:58 pm

No.

I rooted for them in football, when a family friend's son played there a couple of years ago, but TTub wasn't as big of an idiot and liar as Cronin, as stated by the UNLV AD who said "He lied about not verbally accepting the job," then got caught lying about JP, according to a CBS source.

I iike most of their players, as they seem like hard working, good kids, especially Gary Clark. However, as long as the underachieving, self-promoting tough guy wannabe coaches there.....nah baby nah.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Reason 1,287 to never root for UC while Cronin is there. It's funny how he always talks about integrity, but he flat out lied to the UNLV AD, and also about JP. When he rebutted her account below, he was very careful in choosing his words by saying,"I never OFFICIALLY accepted." He also never called to tell her. Like a coward, she had to find out via social media. If having integrity means he lies, then he does have a lot of it. Following is the text of a radio interview with the UNLV AD after MC lied to her.

Kunzer-Murphy: From what I've heard through his president Tweeting and his agent is that he's decided to stay at Cincinnati and so we wish him the best. We're moving on.

Mitch/Pritch: Did you ever get to the point while he was here (in Las Vegas) where a contract was offered to him?

Kunzer-Murphy: Yes.

Mitch/Pritch: What did he say?

Kunzer-Murphy: He said he would take it.

Mitch/Pritch: Then what happened?

Kunzer-Murphy: I don't know, I haven't talked to him.

Mitch/Pritch: So he told you before he got on the flight yesterday that he would take the contract?

Kunzer-Murphy: That's correct.

Mitch/Pritch: And you haven't heard from him since?

Mitch/Pritch: Oooh. That's how he left it? ...

Kunzer-Murphy: Yeah, he told us that he would take the job. But you know what, I'm going to tell you guys this: We're moving on.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm
Reason 1,287 to never root for UC while Cronin is there. It's funny how he always talks about integrity, but he flat out lied to the UNLV AD, and also about JP. When he rebutted her account below, he was very careful in choosing his words by saying,"I never OFFICIALLY accepted." He also never called to tell her. Like a coward, she had to find out via social media. If having integrity means he lies, then he does have a lot of it. Following is the text of a radio interview with the UNLV AD after MC lied to her.

Kunzer-Murphy: From what I've heard through his president Tweeting and his agent is that he's decided to stay at Cincinnati and so we wish him the best. We're moving on.

Mitch/Pritch: Did you ever get to the point while he was here (in Las Vegas) where a contract was offered to him?

Mitch/Pritch: So he told you before he got on the flight yesterday that he would take the contract?

Kunzer-Murphy: Yeah, he told us that he would take the job. But you know what, I'm going to tell you guys this: We're moving on.
which is worse? the above mentioned or Kelsey leaving UMass about an hour before the press conference to announce him as their new head coach? (although i know why Kelsey did it and understand his reasons so it can't be as bad as flat out lying and then not even communicating back with the AD at all)
xu koop scoop

Postby xu koop scoop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 am

Sometime in the 90s my wife & I saw both UC & XU Play in 2nd rd in Pontiac,Mi where UC & XU played in back to back games. Our bus left XUs hotel in time to watch UC 1st where Danny Fortson led UC lost to Iowa St. Most XU fans rooted for UC as we would have played them nxt. We then promptly got smashed by UCLA in the 2nd game. Any other readers attend that dual defeat of Cincy schools?
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:29 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Just remember what that famous 20th philosopher George Costanza said - "It's not a lie if you believe it" ;)
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”