Congrats to Mark Schmidt

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Congrats to Mark Schmidt

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 pm

former Xavier Assistant coach now coach of St Bonnies as they beat UCLA tonight to advance
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
XU80

Re: Congrats to Mark Schmidt

Postby XU80 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:51 am

I was at the games last night in Dayton. Coach Schmidt had his team prepared and they never seem rattled. The joy on his face and the celebration of the Bony fans reminded me of one of our earlier NCAA wins like Missouri.

By the way, I know all on this Board will be shocked at this next comment, "The Dayton fans don't like Xavier. I wore my Xavier Colors and got a few comments. Dayton fans despise Chris Mack even more than they don't like Xavier."
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 am

I noticed Mark also.....an assistant for Skip P. He has been at Saint Bonnies for about 11 years.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 am

Shocking to hear about the UD fans.

Interesting to note on the losing coach - Alford.
In his 5 years at UCLA, he has gone to the NCAA tournament a total of 4 times.
Best finish has been 2 trips to the S16.
Several years earlier, Ben Howland got the boot and all he did was go to the F4 3 years in a row but never won the championship - the college b/ball equivalent of the Buffalo Bills in the 90's.
Got to think the Alford's seat is getting a bit toasty at this point.

But great W for St B's. But is this technically a tournament win? The tournament starts tomorrow in most folks eyes.
The games tonight and last night are still "play in" games.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am

XU80 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:51 am
I was at the games last night in Dayton. Coach Schmidt had his team prepared and they never seem rattled. The joy on his face and the celebration of the Bony fans reminded me of one of our earlier NCAA wins like Missouri.

By the way, I know all on this Board will be shocked at this next comment, "The Dayton fans don't like Xavier. I wore my Xavier Colors and got a few comments. Dayton fans despise Chris Mack even more than they don't like Xavier."
of course they dohe stole their HoFer.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”